• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How long have you been using your primary email address?

What year did you get your current email address?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dDave

V.I.P.
It occurred to me the other day that people are constantly changing their email addresses, way too frequently as far as I'm concerned.

I was looking through my history in gmail just now and my first email dates all the way back to 9/5/06, I hadn't realized that I had the same account for all these years. That means that I've actually had that account a while longer than even my GF account.

Not counting spam that I have received I have a total of 590 emails. (this does include me emailing myself a lot of documents, probably at least 30 different occasions)

I have I think 3 other gmail accounts, two for school, and one for spamming purposes (whatever those may be :lol:)

So what about you? How long have you been using your primary email account?

(please do not share your email address with other members in this thread please use the PM method)

Last edited:

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Since I started this account basically. About 2006.

BigBob

Registered Member
I don't know how long I've used my "primary" one because I have a couple that could be considered that. I've got two g-mails, a yahoo, AIM and two hotmail accounts that always get locked because I don't use them often. I guess I still have my college e-mail but I haven't used it in three years.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I change mine every couple of years. I don't see the harm, the people that are bothered about it & make a fuss are usually the ones I could care less about keeping in contact with anyways. I usually only change when it becomes completely spammed, but I've been known to do it just because.

I have two, both at Yahoo, I've had one for 5 years and another for close to 2. I only keep the other one because I use it for FF and because I have a lot of pics and e-mails that I'm too lazy to save.

Last edited:

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I have two at the moment. My Hotmail one has existed for three years, I think. My second one which is a GMAIL account, has been active for 2-3 months now.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I've had my only email account since 2005. Got my gmail invite from a friend, and never turned back. It's the best. I was lucky to get my name at that time, so it's great for putting on my resume's n stuff. I have 5400 messages and counting. Since theres no limit, I never bother deleting messages.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I've changed mine in the past every so often, just for reasons such as they've been embarrassing as I've gotten older. But I think I'll stick with the one I have now until I screw something up or it gets hacked. I have had this one for quite a long time now. I don't remember when but my first email is from late 2007. Exactly 4 years old, assuming that really was one of my first emails and I didn't delete any.

For this primary address, I delete all spam and fb notifications and all the dumb subscription emails I get, and in my inbox at the moment I have 980 emails.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I've had "[email protected] / hotmail.com / aol.com" since 2000/2001.

While I hardly ever check either of them. My "main" one so to speak does change with work a bit. Its ventured from "[email protected]" to "[email protected]" to what it currently is now for work (wont list that one).

The most recent one has been active for about 2 years. While the others are deactivated.

lol I remember my very first email... too pro :hah: it was [email protected]

but that only lasted to about 96 or so when the USA email server switched from free to paid. The email I used between 96/00, I would still use today but I have no clue what the password is. Plus I'm sure 10+ years of inactivity, they've probably been deactivated by now.

Edit: For the sake of the pole... I'll be choosing Before 2003 because although I dont use the icegoat63 emails as my mains... I still use them pretty much at least once a week.

Last edited:

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I've had mine since 2007. It's not my original one, and I decided to change it because I came to the conclusion that receiving a job application from my original e-mail address didn't really look professional.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have two email addresses and I've used them both for a good 10 years or so. I've had a few others from time to time since then but I no longer use them. I now just use one for personal and one for business, and lately the one for personal use has become somewhat of a spam inbox because I rarely check it. Anything that used to be considered "personal" is now just handled through Facebook or text messages.