• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How long does it take you?

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
How long does it take you to do the following things? In general/On average

There is a side question type discussional thing at the end of this hypothetical nonsense shit.

1. Run a bath.
2. Eat a properly sized meal. As in one that fills a plate with food/snap/grub etc.
3. Type up and post a thread.
4. Nod of to sleep. As in the time it takes to get in bed and lie there and actually fall asleep.
5. Climb a ladder with 75 rungs.
6. Burp the alphabet (Your alphabet, you might be Greek for all I know) - Actually do it, and see... If so inclined.
7. Change a tyre on a car.
8. Walk a mile
9. Watch a film with a run time of 120 minutes on DVD, taking into account general breaks and crap you'll have in the meantime, and end up pausing the flick.
10. Read a newspaper - In general, chances are you skip a lot of it. how long do you generally spend perusing the news?

--

I come to the point.
How much time do you reckon you waste? I've had people moan at me... Especially customers in the shop I work - Stating that the length of a till transaction, has lost them two minutes or whatever, usually as a result of a machine malfunction or a general queue of people -
Nonetheless. What do you reckon to the concept of 'lost' or 'wasted' time. I personally couldn't give a shit. Given the law and the general stranglehold of where I live, living my life to the full is limited and dependent on money in general - Hence, on that idea I'm probably losing decades, yet I think not, and care not.
I spend my life with some pretty awesome people. So, I occasionally get bored, or I'm alone, or have fuck all to do. I don't consider it a case of wasting my life. -- I'm just living it as ably as possible -- Yet people seem to believe in the notion of wasting time, and the detriment that is, and the indignity that is, and the downright disgrace that is... I can't see it.

Can you? Please offer your opinion. Oh, and answer those questions up there please, if you don't mind.

Thanks.

Bliss

Sally Twit
1. Baths are boring. I always take showers because they're quicker and there's nothing nicer than hot water pounding on your FACE.

2. About thirty minutes. I am a slow eater. Not because I like to 'enjoy every moment' or any of that bullshit, but because I can't just eat. I have to do something else like sit at the computer or watch TV.

3. It usually takes me five minutes at the most. But that's only because I read over what I said to check for mistakes.

4. At least 20 minutes. Sometimes as long as an hour. I always think before I can sleep.

5. no u

6. Gross.

7. I don't have a car. Or a tyre for that matter.

8. I have no idea. I don't even know how far a mile would be.

9. 120 minutes. I always go to the toilet before the film and grab any food/drink I'll want beforehand. I like to watch films properly. No interruptions or breaks.

10. What's a newspaper?

The only time I've wasted is working in a dead-end job for six years. Other than that, if I am happy doing what I am doing then I don't consider the time to be 'wasted'.

Dabs

Registered Member
1. I only shower, and for those I estimate about 20 minutes~

2. I don't usually eat a proper sized meal, unless I dine at a restaurant, and then I say about 30 minutes. I'm a slow eater and then I never clean my plate.

3. I can type a lot *ha*...talk a lot.....gab, gab, gab.....anyway.....I dunno...maybe 10 minutes or so.

4. A long time....I don't sleep much so I usually don't even attempt to go to the bed and lie down unless I'm feeling very sleepy/tired. Because if I don't fall asleep after about 20 minutes, then I get right back up~

5. I haven't climbed a ladder in a few years, and then I never timed myself....and I get a bit frightened when I reach too high...so I do not know ~LoL~

6. I have never burped the alphabet in my life.

7. Depends on what I'm wearing.....if I am dressed nice....it would probably take as long as it takes a tow truck or one of my sons to come to my aid.
If I am wearing grubs, prolly about 20 to 30 minutes, depending on if I can get the damn nuts off~

8. Less than 30 minutes, again, it depends on how fast I am walking~

9. This is a joke question right?? *Haha*....seriously......I can't hardly sit still that long, so I haven't watched a movie here at home on DVD in quite some time. If I go to the movie theater, I'll sit there, because I've paid money to watch the thing...so I force myself to sit...and be still....and watch :)

10. When I get the newspaper, I can get thru it in less than 3 minutes. I don't read everything, so......thus the reason I don't get one every day.

I don't feel I waste my time either.
I am always on the go....always have something to do.....always something that needs my attention.......and I never feel as tho I am a lazy ass or someone who just wastes a lot of time.
Hell.....if anything, I need to find more time to relax~

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Err. I thought I should answer the questions I left. Seems a bit wank of me to expect everyone else to answer that lot and not do it myself. So-- err...

1. I usually shower. But the last bath I ran generally took about 5 mins or so to fill the tub properly.
2.Anywhere between 15 minutes and half an hour to scoff down a meal.
3. Depends on my thread and how much thought I want to put in it. This thread took about 5 minutes. Even to think up these stupid questions on the spot. The premise however was cooked up over time and came to me as I pondered a post to post.
4. Generally about 10 minutes, although my bloody ribs have been hurting me lately so it's been taking more like half an hour until I can block out the bastard ribby bastards and drop off.
5. I've not climbed a ladder period. But I reckon I could do it in about two minutes or so - give or take - if I was really up for it and someone held the damn thing.
6. Five minutes... and I felt sick.
7. Best time so far was fifteen minutes. Happened on a motorway, I wasn't happy. And what is with temporary tyres? They're fucking pointless. Just provide me with a proper one.
8. I walk four miles to work, there or back, a lot. I walk the four in fifty minutes. So I guess 1 is in fifteen minutes, or even less than that. Ten perhaps. I'm not a human calculator.
9. Depends on the film with me. If it was a bunch of shite it'd probably take me an extra half hour, finding excuses to miss it, or have rests to get my head around the shitty plot or whatever. If it's a good one, then generally I'll watch the lot without a break... depending on bladder, which'll only interrupt about 2 minutes or something.
10. Also dependent on the paper. But the general crap I get to read takes me about 30 minutes, and most of that is only doing the crosswords, or looking at the football (soccer) news.

-- There you go. I'm not a dictatorly sadist scumbag fiendarse.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
1. Run a bath.
10 to 15 minutes in the shower

2. Eat a properly sized meal. As in one that fills a plate with food/snap/grub etc.
I don't really know if I can put a number on it because usually I am very distracted while I eat. Whether it's being here on the computer, watching television or something else. I'm doing something while I am eating...almost always.
Definitely depends. For threads or posts that I know I want to say a lot I take a lot of time because I don't want to forget to say something or don't want to say something incorrectly. In subtalk, for example, I'll just say whatever comes to my mind and that could take seconds.

4. Nod of to sleep. As in the time it takes to get in bed and lie there and actually fall asleep.
Typically if I've gotten my lazy ass in the bed it doesn't take me more then 15 to 20 minutes normally. It's getting me in there that is the hard part.

I uh, I have no idea. As long as it takes normal people? :lol:

6. Burp the alphabet (Your alphabet, you might be Greek for all I know) - Actually do it, and see... If so inclined.
26 letters in the alphabet...so I'll say 2 minutes haha. I'm sure there will be some time where I need to re-charge the burping muscles and such.

7. Change a tyre on a car
Probably 10 to 15 minutes after my Dad arrives. Uh, I mean 10 to 15 minutes...

8. Walk a mile
Back in my "in shape" days I could run the mile in 7 minutes...once under 7 minutes. So I'll say over 10 minutes...probably closer to 15? I dunno.

9. Watch a film with a run time of 120 minutes on DVD, taking into account general breaks and crap you'll have in the meantime, and end up pausing the flick.
I'd say it's probably around 130 minutes. Maybe I have to pee or get a drink but normally I just watch it through.

10. Read a newspaper - In general, chances are you skip a lot of it. how long do you generally spend perusing the news?
I don't read a newspaper to be honest.

--

So how much time do I waste? I don't know, it depends what you value as wasteful or what you value as useful. Most of what I do I want to do so I don't even view it as wasteful. I am entertained by playing Playstation or watching TV so it's not a waste IMO.

CtB95

1. Ten minutes in the shower
2. 10 minutes
3. 20 seconds to 10 minutes
4. Hours, unless I pulled an all nighter the day before.
5. No idea
6. Around 60 seconds
7. ummm... probably an hour.
8. I can run a mile in 6 minutes 45 seconds.
9. 140 minutes to allow for getting food/ bathroom breaks
10. I read my news on the internet. But I normally spend around half an hour a day.

redroses

Registered Member
im actually not sure how long these things take mee to do, it would depend upon my mood that day, sometimes im on a go slow and everything i do seems to take me forever then other times im in a hurry to get everything out of the way.
sometimes if i sit and watch a crappy film i moan that ive wasted two hours of my life lol, i dont mind queing unless im in a hurry i wouldnt class waiting a few extra minutes as wasting 2 mintes of my time/life, because it would need to be done anyway.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
1. Run a bath.
My showers are usually about 10 minutes.

Depends what I'm doing while I'm eating. If I'm talking or watching TV it might take longer. But usually about 10-15 minutes if I'm just by myself with no distractions.

I've been known to take up to several hours to type a thread. I'm extremely slow at coming up with what I want to say.

Usually at least 10-15 minutes, but it often takes even more than that.

If I'm going for speed? I don't know, probably pretty fast. I'm good at climbing things. I'd say 60 seconds is a safe estimate.

I have manners, so I don't burp.

7. Change a tyre on a car.
However long it takes AAA to get there and change it. Luckily I've never gotten a flat tire yet.

8. Walk a mile
At my average walking speed it takes 20 minutes. 15 minutes is an extremely fast walk. I know this because of my hiking experience. I've gotten to the point where I can guess almost exactly how long it will take to walk a certain distance with elevation gain factored in.

120 minutes. I usually don't break for anything in the middle of a movie.

1-2 minutes skimming through the sports section.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
1. Run a bath.
15-20minutes in the Winter. 5 minutes in the Summer.

no more than 15 minutes.

Depends on the thread and its length. Usually I read and post within a minute or two.
Falling asleep takes me more than 1 hour.
I don't know.
I don't know why burping is necessary.
7. Change a tyre on a car
I don't have my own car.
8. Walk a mile
Less than 10 minutes.
I don't watch movies that long.
I don't read newspapers.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
1. Run a bath. - take showers, showers usually last 15 minutes

2. Eat a properly sized meal. As in one that fills a plate with food/snap/grub etc.- anywhere between 7-10 minutes

3. Type up and post a thread. - 30 seconds except for this one.

4. Nod of to sleep. As in the time it takes to get in bed and lie there and actually fall asleep.- about 30 minutes

5. Climb a ladder with 75 rungs. - Never done that

6. Burp the alphabet (Your alphabet, you might be Greek for all I know) - Actually do it, and see... If so inclined. - Yes I can burp the alphabet

7. Change a tyre on a car. takes me about 10 minutes

8. Walk a mile. I jog a mile and it takes me about 7 or 8 minutes

9. Watch a film with a run time of 120 minutes on DVD, taking into account general breaks and crap you'll have in the meantime, and end up pausing the flick. - I don't pause the movie, I will sit down through out the whole movie

10. Read a newspaper - In general, chances are you skip a lot of it. how long do you generally spend perusing the news? Only read the newspaper while I am on the pot and that is usually about 15 minutes of reading the newspaper.