How long does it take you to read a book?

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by Boredie, May 27, 2008.

1. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

When I pick up a random book, just to have something to read it could take me ages till I finish it or just leave it somewhere in the middle and never (never say never) get back to it.
    I'm currently in the middle for 3-4 books, which for some reason I can't continue them even though I want to.
    The Count of Monte Cristo, Passions (by Jane Austen) and others.

When the book is readable and I can read through it easily it takes me about a week and only because I'm always busy and don't have time to read.
    When I was single and carefree I could finish a book in 2 days!

The last book I read took me over a month(!) to finish.

2. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

It really varies. I can read a book in a few days if I'm really into it and if I have the time. I can also take months if I just pick it up every now and then - that usually only works with nonfiction, though.

Blueyes likes this.
  3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

It depends on the book. The last Potter book I read, which was about 700 pages... I finished in less than 24 hours. The other books I have, takes me days or weeks (if I have a lot of other things to do).

4. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

It use to be a day or two but I haven't had as much time to read lately.
    I just finished The Crimson Petal and the White, which is over 800 pages and that took me about 9 days because I mainly read it during half time at my daughters soccer game, right before falling asleep, or when I woke up.

Last edited: May 27, 2008
    Blueyes likes this.
  5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Usually takes me a week or two to finish a book.

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I can read a 500 page book in one day if I am really into it. Otherwise usually a few days to a few weeks depending on if it's a really good book or not.

Blueyes likes this.
  7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I've got wicked book ADD. If it's not something that keeps my attention (such as a school book) I just can't do it. It takes me a long ass time to read stuff I'm not interested in.

Blueyes and Swiftstrike like this.
  8. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

A few months usually. I have about 2 books that I bought and havent opened and sometimes ill get halfway through a book go on haitus and pick it up again.

I have found if I dont read often it's harder to concentrate on a book but if I read books back to back to back. Ill zip through them.

I havent done that though since early college.

Blueyes and ysabel like this.
  9. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

that was me with the first 6 books. It took me 3 days to read the last because I had to share it with 3 people and we were constantly fighting over it.

it normally only takes me 24 hours-4 days to read a book. Sometimes I'll read two books at a time (one fiction, one non-fiction) and then it takes me about a week.

Blueyes likes this.
  10. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

One to two weeks, depends on the book, if it's something simple like eragon maybe one week unless I get lazy and if it's something like the Lord Of The Rings it might take more toward 2 weeks.

Blueyes likes this.