How long b4 you told them u loved them?

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by justwondering, Sep 23, 2009.

1. justwondering

justwondering Registered Member

How long were u with your bf/gf when you first said "i love you" and did u say it first..

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Until I know I'm in love.

For my ex, it was 5 months in. It was rather romantic as we both said it at the same time.

3. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Six months I believe. I remember he said it to me first and I remember giggling like a little girl.

4. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

Before I'd even gone out with her. I'd talked to her for an entire school year, sat with her in a few classes, and we both just knew..

:(

5. justwondering

I think thats the best feeling...that is one of my fav. moments from my relationship with my bf is the 1st time he told me he loved me

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

You don't put a time limit on these things, you'll know when the time is right to tell them you actually love them.

Saying I love you is also a powerful thing, so before you actually say it make sure you actually mean it.

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

She didn't say anything about that though. She asked WHEN you said it, not when SHOULD you.

8. justwondering

im not saying there is a time limit i was just wondering when people realized it

9. Dopey

Dopey Registered Member

I've always found it rather interesting, how big of a 'blur' there is, on this subject.

Most people around here (and I might be talking for 'dutch' people in general, I don't know), but most people around here, put little to no 'importance' to the words "I love you". Not sure how to describe it better, but I hope you get what I'm saying.

People here say it all the time, every time. There is no 'waiting for the correct moment'. There is no 'first time that you say it'. Well, of course there is a first time, but its 'anything' from special.
    Saying "I love you", really doesn't do jack sht' around here.

Example.

Some of you (or most of you), probably remember the movie "American Pie", yes?
    There is this scene, where a guy called "Kevin", is afraid to say "I love you", to his girlfriend.
    So every time she says it, he says nothing, or he's like "Yeah, you to". Or whatever.
    She even called it "The next step in our relationship".

Now I was watching this, with a few friends, and we were all like:

"Whaaaaat the hell? Why is it so hard for you to say it? Just say "I love you to", and continue with whatever you were doing".

And basically everyone I know, thinks the same about it. Guys, girl. They all find it weird around here, that its such a big deal.

I'm not judging anyone though. And I could perfectly understand, if you DO think its a real important thing.
    Just saying.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  10. Puck

Puck Registered Member

Agreed. There are many factors that lead you to this step and it matters not how long it takes someone to get there. If you feel it, say it. And if you don't, don't rush it. If it's right, the time will come.

I've only said it twice, once almost a year in and the second 6 months in, in a movie theatre no less... :dunno: