How it should be

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by icegoat63, Aug 24, 2009.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Have you ever found yourself in some place or some moment where everything seemed serene? The kind of moment that passes and you have a realization of "this is how it should be".

What was that moment for you? What caused it, what were you doing? Do you do it often?

-----

For me it happens but not all the time. As I was sitting here in the cafeteria at my college, I just finished an awesome breakfast burrito (one I may add that could definitely compete against our best here in town) I'm drinking some over-roasted coffee that tastes just a bit to much like burnt beans, but I still enjoy it. Then I looked up and saw the campus through the big window and it just hit me like Bam! This is how college should be, I'm completely content, happy to be awake and alive, about 15 minutes before my next class starts, and things just feel right. Its a pretty darn good feeling actually.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Laying on the shore of Little Sebago lake in Maine on a cool summer night with my girlfriend, looking up at the stars and listening to the distant rumble of boat engines and nearby chatter of crickets and frogs.

I could have died there and been happy with my life.

icegoat63 likes this.
  3. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

For me, it's simple and easy and the moment has happened to me once in a while. I would be laying on the couch with my mate, watching some movies or just listening to music. My bills are payed and we just got our new place together with a roommate; but the fact that I had everything paid off and had some time to enjoy what I had was just enough to keep me in serenity for that moment.

~Shwa

4. Jeru

Jeru Registered Member

I dont know if this is what your talking about or not but early this summer i was in Manhattan and i was walking down the street when this real "thug" looking kid bumped into an older lady and she dropped her purse and some things fell out of it. Well he bent over and picked everything up for her and i just thought to myself...thats how it should be

5. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

The first night in my new flat with my boyfriend. We were sat watching TV and we looked over at each other, he grabbed my hand and smiled at me. We both felt exactly the same way - truly happy and content.

Boredie likes this.
  6. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

After going out to breakfast down my beach house, I came back and went back to bed. Greatest feeling ever.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Not really serene but when I was on vacation this month, my sis and our friends were sitting down drinking cocktails under the sun, drying after a good swim. And then we just looked at each other and said "wow, this is how a vacation should be". We were all happy and content with the moment.

8. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

I call those "moments of grace." It's been a while.

I have to remember to rep you for that example when you turn 500 posts old.

9. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Something like that. Definitely moments that have made me believe "this is why life is worth living".

ditto, I went for the rep button and low and behold he hasnt got one yet.

10. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Ultimate fail or Noobage? Only the viewers can decide! Cast your votes now ladies and gentlemen!!

~Shwa