Xbox 360 How is the multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Rayzn, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Rayzn

Rayzn Registered Member

I already plan on getting Call of Duty 2, and Comdemned for my single player experience. I need a solid multiplayer game. Do you this is the game to get?

2. dk_rare

dk_rare Registered Member

It could be, I dunno. I have always been a big Rare fan, but I am worried. I can make excuses for the last few games to come out, but I can't make excuses for PDZ if it sucks. Of course I won't trust a single review, I will have to wait a long LONG time until I can sit down myself, eased by the sudden lightness of my wallet, and play the game

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

From what I've heard, it sounds like this is the best multiplayer game available right now. It only has six maps though, which kinda sucks. Other than that, it looks like it would be pretty awesome.

4. Rayzn

Rayzn Registered Member

Hopefully your right

5. Thermal

Thermal Registered Member

PDZ has some pretty fun multiplayer, I'd rent it to see if you like it first though. The maps themselves are huge, and scale down to the number of players. The map hallways for the scaled down map can be randomized, so some of the hallways to a flag may be blocked off in one session, and not another. Killing is a bit slower than Halo 2's multiplayer, this is due to everyone wearing armor, so its harder to get a headshot right off the bat (i.e. you have to knock off the helmet then shoot the head). My only real disappointment is the bots, no bots personalities, and you can't choose which part of the map to play when its scaled down.

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

That sounds like Battlefield 2's multiplayer. The levels in that get smaller too with less people.

How does the game feel compared to Halo?

7. RossDude

RossDude Beep

Wait, what? They removed the personality-specific bots? How could they do that? They made PD's multiplayer so unique, and really added to the gameplay. What a shame.

8. Major

Yeah dude, that sucks. That somewhat limits the custom multiplayer scenarios that were so popular with Perfect Dark. Hopefully there's some new options to make up for it.

9. Rayzn

Rayzn Registered Member

What do you mean by personality bots?

10. Major

There were a bunch of different kinds of bots in the first Perfect Dark, each with its own unique personality. VengeSim, KamikazeSim, PeaceSim, etc. I don't remember all of them or what they do, but it was pretty fun experimenting with them.