• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How important are your friends to you?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know this might sound like a silly question, but I'm just wondering what some of the answers will be.

To me, my friends are the world to me. I have great friends and we share a lot of the same interest so we get along really well. I didn't meet these people till I turned eight years-old after High School and they're now my best friends.

I thought I had really good friends in High School and Grade School, but I barely talk to those people anymore. I consider my friends right now, great friends that I know they'll be there for me if need be.

What you say?

Please try to avoid friends that you never met, like people on GF.

Last edited:

Bliss

Sally Twit
lol @ 'GF Friends'

Just because you've not met in person, it doesn't make them any less of a friend.

My 'non GF friends' don't mean all that much to me. I care about them but it isn't very often returned. I don't believe they'd be there for me unconditionally. I don't often get invited along to places because I don't drink. Which to be honest is a big slap in the face. It feels like I'm being punished over it. I can still come out. They just don't think I'll have a good time if I don't remember it. Which is fucking dumb.

Then I have some friends I go out for meals with or go round to their house. They are all nice people but I don't see them that often. A lot of my friends moved towns or we lost touch after leaving school. Sucks really.

Anyway, I have my family and my boyfriend.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I have three friends who are like extensions of my family, we have all moved from the place we we grew up, with two of them now living down the coast.

The thing is if I needed them for anything really serious I know they would try their hardest to get here.
The same goes for me with them.

A few times a year we all get together and its like we all still lived a couple of houses apart,picking up where we left off the last time we were together.

Zenheizer

needs practice
Friends come and go...unfortunately. I still have a close number of my homies, but neither of us know when we'll be swept completely out of each others lives, like so many friends before us.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Friends keep things fun for rme. I look forward to seeing them for movies, lunch, shopping, and coffee. They make me feel important too. They take time out of their busy lives, are kind and complimentary, and respect my thoughts, and don't make me feel so alone when I'm facing something hard. I have 7 major friends, and their social circles don't cross. Each does something unique for me.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I have yet to have a friend I really care about and who really cares about me.
As a general idea, friends are important. My friends are not that important, apparently, maybe because I still haven't found a friend who is worthy of my time and trust. I love them and I guess they love me too.
It's just that I wouldn't be there for them, unconditionally. They don't deserve it yet.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Friends don't mean as much to me now as they did when I was younger. I guess that'll happen when you start to see how shady some of them really are. With that said, I still have a couple close friends.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I have several friends but there are two guys that I am am extremely close to. They are very important to me and always will be. Us three have known each other a very long time and we have a very close bond.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The people who are still my friends to this date I consider very good friends. Over the years I have been friends with certain people and hung out with them just because. Now days I have distanced myself from the ones I didn't really like that much (lifestyle, personality, whatever) and the ones I am friends with now I wouldn't trade in. The ones I am friends with now I get along with and I couldn't be happier with the ones that I've got.

It's funny some people were just your friends because of sport or school or whatever but as I grew up I was able to lock onto the people who meant the most to me and I liked and the others kinda disappeared. It was all for the better.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's funny some people were just your friends because of sport or school or whatever but as I grew up I was able to lock onto the people who meant the most to me and I liked and the others kinda disappeared. It was all for the better.
I agree with this completely. I was the same way before. I had friends, but in end of the day I don't consider them real friends because I don't talk to them anymore. Most of the friends that I used to hang out with before High School I barely talk to anymore because they're just not the type of people that I want to hang out with. They're still nice people, and I talk to them when I bump in to them but I don't consider them real friends.

@ Bliss, the reason why I said to leave out GF Friends is because I want to know about people you've interacted with for years face to face. I'm not saying that people from GF aren't real friends, I just wanted to leave them out of this conversation.