How important are appearances....?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sophella, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Sophella

Sophella Registered Member

I consider my personal appearance extremely important and I am known for being well groomed. I judge myself on my appearance every day (and expect most women my age probably do...?)

However I do not judge others on their appearance, and find I am only this harsh on myself.

How much do you place on appearance? How important are appearances to you, in youself and in others? We are told not to judge a book by it's cover, but it is only natural that our first opinions are formed by first impressions which, on most occasions, is what we see.

I would like to hear your opinion on this....

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I love to look good, my hair is always done up no matter where I go, I dress good as well, it's better to look good than look like a bum.

3. k3rm0r

k3rm0r Registered Member

Depending on what u mean. In friends it's more how they are etc. in a partner, sure looks does play it parts but it aint important. I do need to have a physical attraction to the partner. But if she has to be modell'ish.. hell no.

I do look at what i wear, not that much though. Not like i bother to look myself in the mirror to see how it looks. But i do fix my hair a little(orels i'd look like a fucking bloke from like 1970, damn hair is just plain flat). Other than that i dont bother too much.

4. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I take care of my appearance everyday. We all want to look good, but not everyone cares about it everyday. It depends on the person and the mood.
    I take care about my appearance on daily basis. It's important for myself but of course I don't classify people according to their appearance.

5. LifeinthePond

LifeinthePond Mark ov teh Pond

Now that I am jobless and not going to school I live like a bum. There are many days I wake up and don't shave and just stay in my PJs.

When I do go out, it's shaven and usually a cap with my hair down above my eyes. I wear jeans only, boot-fit, and indie t-shirts. I don't wear logo or slogan t-shirts, only artsy-designs or plain white/blue t-shirts. I wear some flannel, but I'm not huge on it. Usually during the winter I will, so I can wear a longsleeve underneath and fold it to my elbows for style.

Yeah, I'd say my appearance is very important to me. Sometimes I even change clothes several times a day depending where I've been or where I'm going.

6. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

I'd like to think I take very good care of my appearance and I very much enjoy grooming myself, looking / smelling good for my husband, being clean, etc. But I believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, what I may find physically attractive (prime example: the guy in my AV) others may not and vice-versa but for me to become physically attracted / involved with someone they have to practice good hygiene. As far as friendships go, I don't mind how clean or dirty they are, after all, I don't have to live with them or be intimate with them. ;)

7. _LC_

_LC_ Registered Member

I try to look nice when I'm going out. I'm no beauty queen, but I am always presentable. When I'm just staying home though, I usually just wear pajamas!

8. Danno

Danno Registered Member

All I do is stay at home and go to work really. However when I go anywhere I will always have a shower and make sure that I smell nice. There was a point where I'd spend time doing my hair, but I have accepted that my hair is shit so now I just leave it all flat and gay looking.

9. BadizzaDizzat

BadizzaDizzat Registered Member

I like to think that I dress and look well majority of the time. Unless it's a quick trip or something, I normally always try to look my best. I'm usually seen wearing dress shirts, nice jackets and pants. I'll even sometimes wear dress shirts around the house even if I don't plan on going anywhere, they're just comfy sometimes. Only area where I really lack is my hair, I hate getting haircuts so it tends to grow out longer than it should, but I do what I can to make it at least look like I did something. I rarely have bad breath or smell bad.

As far as judging others, I don't care what you look like. Although, the better you dress and present yourself, the more inclined I am to talk and spend time with you.