• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Critique How I Built a New Gaming Rig For Around $1,000

dDave

V.I.P.
71.2!!!

Awesome. Those settings are insane, too. It would probably kill my card!
I used to have a GTX 970 super clocked (I think I bought it in 2013) and I got about 60-70fps at ultra/extreme settings at 1080p. I was surprised to get so much performance running 1440p. Guess the 2060 super is awesome. I really wanted a 2070 or 2080 super but it was simply out of reach.

The only thing I’m really disappointed about is that I can’t play Half Life Alyx. I have a powerful enough computer to do it but it’s VR only and the equipment is way too expensive.

I haven’t dialed in the RAM timings and frequency yet. May work on that soon.

dDave

V.I.P.
Got some unicorn barf fans for the exhaust yesterday. Thermaltake. The front 3 intake fans are cooler master and they perform well but they’re really loud, may look at replacing them with the same model fans I just put in.

530C7885-168F-46FF-A01F-5D1D9E92AFC5.jpeg

Reactions: Doc