How honest are you?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by AngelsPeak, Apr 11, 2008.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I'm asking this because my co-worker told me I may be a little too honest with people. My question is this, what's wrong with that?

Here's what happened...(and for those of you wondering, Carolyn is not involved in this story):lol:

Yesterday, me and 2 co-workers were talking, one of which has recently divorced. She's 50ish and trying to get herself back in shape for her single life..which brings another question to mind, why didn't she take care of herself when she was married?
    Anyway, she was telling us a few things we didn't know about her, namely the fact that she has had 3 nose jobs. I think I must have looked a little surprised when I said, "3? and it's still crooked"? She laughed, but the other girl I worked with said it was a mean thing to say.:shifteyes:
    If I had spent all that money on cosmetic surgery, I'd want to know if it didn't look..great, but I guess that's just me.

So, my question is this...how honest are you?

Vidic15 likes this.

2. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I never lie.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  3. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

Everything I say is a lie

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'm usually very honest, but sometimes I just tell people what they want to hear. Like if they say they got a haircut I'll be like "Oh yeah, looks good!" even though it might not look good or I just don't care about their haircut. I don't really consider that lying though.

5. juha82

juha82 Registered Member

i am honest, outspoken guy.
    But sometimes you can to uses your brains, thinking about smartly is you daress to say something about yourself's life etch.
    Particularly the internet.
    ------
    A big lie is just annoying.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I don't think that's being honest as it's being rude instead. There was no need to say that response, so it wouldn't fall in the honest or lie category.

If people ask me questions I try my best to answer them honestly without being to brutal in the response. When it comes to the SERIOUS questions, I tend to lie just to protect everybody and not turn it into a drama fest.

Nightsurfer and Major like this.
  7. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Home - 9/10 honest. Can't lie to my parents.
    School - 3/10 with the teachers.
    Girlfriend - 10/10. I just don't want to lie to her I guess, I'll do anything to make a relationship work.

8. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

In school, I usually say things that people want to hear. I don't try to be too blunt because it's gotten me some accidental hate before.

At home, I lie all the time to my parents, but it's only in certain things that don't even matter like "yes, I've been doing my homework". As a matter of fact, I just avoid talking about it if I can. :-/

9. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

For things that matter, I try to be 100% honest. For the little things that don't, I prefer not to hurt the persons feelings unecessarily. "Why yes, you do look like you've lost weight". "I like your new haircut." "That was a really good poem", etc.

10. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

Yeah I don't lie.. But sometimes I will tell a person what they want to hear. Mainly if I like them I'll go along with it, if not... "Meh" :tired:

But.... If someone has gone under the knife 3-times and still hasn't fixed the issue.. I'm not gonna be like "your gonna need a 4th" or "find a new doctor" that's kinda common sense. But that's because woman will not hesitate to slap a guy if he is out of line. Women appreciate an honest opinion form another woman.