• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How 'hilly' is your area?

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I live on the great Canadian praries, so it's flat as fuck here. Not quite as flat as Saskatchewan though. The only hills we have here, used to be garbage dumps eons ago. All man made. In the northern parts of the province there's some large natural hills. There's even some small valleys and stuff. However it's nothing compared to places in the worlds with mountains lol.

Right around where I live though, its flat as far as you can see.

How about yourselves? How hilly would you say the area you live in is? Lots of hills? Occassional hills? Super mountainous? Let us know!

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
The area in League City, TX (my hometown) is generally flat. The only hilly areas that I've seen so far in my state are the garbage mounds in Pasadena and Alvin.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
My area is the definition of hilly. I live in the Appalachian Mountains. If you're at all familiar with them you'll know that the Appalachian Mountains are ancient and rounded, much like large hills. Hell, even my friends from Baltimore call us "hill folk."

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Well, I live in a valley. So whenever I venture out I am forced to go up a steep hill at least two miles in any direction. There's Monument Lane, Golden Valley Hill, Riddings Hill and also a couple out Brinsley way - I think the only bit that isn't mega steep is out towards Selston, although there is still a climb.

In general the area is like the land of living hills. Almost every direction, especially if you plan on going north.
There's the peak district on my doorstep and the Derbyshire dales, so hills are commonplace. Honestly, some of them round here would make San Francisco look like a huge salt-plain, such as the bastard of a hill going up to Crich and the windy narrow bugger near Holbrook and Belper - Hills is summet I'm used to.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
My area is the definition of hilly. I live in the Appalachian Mountains. If you're at all familiar with them you'll know that the Appalachian Mountains are ancient and rounded, much like large hills. Hell, even my friends from Baltimore call us "hill folk."
Where you live sounds like where I live at in Ozark Mountains. Its hilly and we have sharp curves you can only go about 15 around, a lot at 30 to45. Our mountains are also rounded off and we are called hillbillies but we have satellite and internet.:lol:

dDave

V.I.P.
You live in the Ozark Mountains? That's cool.

I'm from Nebraska which is basically flat for all intensive purposes. I currently live in Colorado, very much a hilly area.

I gain about 100 feet of elevation going up our driveway from the highway, so I'd say that my area has quite a few hills. There are a lot of plateaus that overlook the Front Range valley (the elevation is lowest right at the base of the mountains). The roads around here really have to follow the land.

I'd say that my area is as hilly as you can get short of actually being in the mountains.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Very flat, no hills at all where I live right now. If you drive for an hour though in almost any directions you'll start to see lots of hills.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The Chicago area is almost pancake flat. There are a few small hills here and there, but they are few and far between. The biggest ones I know of are probably only around 60 feet high. I have to drive literally hours to get to real hilly areas, and a day or more to get to real mountains.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
My area is mostly flat, with some barely noticeable hills. I wish I lived near mountains. When I visited Arizona you could see the Rockies, and the view was just gorgeous.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I live in the Fraser Valley. It's all hill up here. It's nice and scenic, but it's a bitch to drive on, especially of you drive a stick shift like me.