• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How Hard Can You Hit??

Dabs

Registered Member
Have you ever tested your strength with your hand, making a fist and literally smashing your fist into something??
Have you busted your hand thru a windshield??
I have seen someone hit a windshield that hard, that is, crack the glass into little bits....not totally knocking all the glass out, but a new window is needed.
Just how pissed does one have to be, to have that much strength, hold that much anger...to be able to shatter something with such force??
Have you busted your hand thru a wall??.......another hard object??
Maybe broken your hand or fingers from punching something so hard??
My son once rammed his fist thru our living room wall years ago, he was so mad with his then wife...ah hayl.......put a huge hole thru the wall!
Busted his hand up.....but he says he didn't feel a thing...he was just...so mad!
I can't ever imagine punching my fist onto something so solid that it would break my bones.....it's weird what anger can cause us to do.
So....anyone ever broken a hand......because anger caused such an outburst, and you wanted to just hit the closest thing to you?? :confused:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Very interesting thread here, Dabs.

I guess the only instance I can really think of is at bowling. I've punched a wall before after screwing up/getting screwed over by the damn pins. I made sure I punched it with my opposite hand which was nice. I also punched with the side of my hand and not the knuckles part.

It hurt...I don't suggest punching things. I've never punched a person, haha.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I try not to punch things as described in the OP, however I have a friend who told me a terrible story once. One of his roommates in collage was really angry and he punched a concrete wall. Well, the broken bones in his hand were sticking out by the end of that mistake.

Twitch

Registered Member
I've been so angry that I have punched a wall. I hit it with the outside of my fist, not the knuckles. It made a massive dent in the wall.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I hit like a pussy, to be honest. I really have no fist strength. Meh.

Dabs

Registered Member
Very interesting thread here, Dabs.

I guess the only instance I can really think of is at bowling. I've punched a wall before after screwing up/getting screwed over by the damn pins. I made sure I punched it with my opposite hand which was nice. I also punched with the side of my hand and not the knuckles part.

It hurt...I don't suggest punching things. I've never punched a person, haha.

See for you Millz.....and as weird as it sounds, your anger was good, it wasn't directed at anyone, you were pissed at yourself for not doing the achievement you know you could do....so your frustrations got the best of you, and you punched the wall :lol:
Which is probably a better thing to punch than another someone.
I haven't ever punched out at anything, but I have rammed my fists down on my desk or a table...out of frustrations with myself...well..wait, I could be frustrated with somebody else too, but thing is, I have never physically punched at anyone.
And to those that do..and break hands/bones.....my mind marvels at the force they were using!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've punched a few walls before because I was angry at something. I've never punched anyone in the face before, but sometimes I wish I could just to see how much damage I could do. The worst I've done to my hand after punching something is bruised it, the bruise was there for a few weeks unfortunately.

Onetime I punched a locker door so hard it bent all the way in, the messed up part about that is, I've never been able to control neither my anger nor my strength. The reason why I did that was b/c as my sister got beat up on the bus on the way home, and well I wanted him to pay.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I have been told I hit extremely hard, I trained for years in martial arts and boxing so learnt the right way to hit, how to plant my feet and let the hit flow from feet through to fist, I have in the past punched threw a cars side window without putting full power behind it.

Sadly I have also broken many bones, from peoples ribs, noses, jaws and such to my own hands.
Boxers fractures happen no matter how well trained you are, the metacarpal of the little finger is the one most prone to fracturing but the others can also snap.

I would say that hitting inanimate objects is fairly stupid as they dont give like a bag or person, but I have hit plenty of walls in my time.
Over the years my knuckles have also flattened out.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
No idea, never hit anything in my life. I don't really get outwardly frustrated and I can't imagine losing it like that. I have wanted to hit people in the nose before but I never actually would. I can see how hitting walls etc is a good outlet (though not entirely rationally constructive :lol:) for stress but for me it all goes on in my mind instead.