How good was this storyline?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I actually remember watching that show and learning that Blassie had passed away, it was a sad day in Wrestling thats for sure.

I love the shot where hes with Mohamad Ali, it's wonderful.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
I loved this storyline, as well, by the way. It was such a creative way to integrate ECW and WCW...they could of just added the wrestlers to the mix without a reason.

I remember the first night a group of them ran out on a match (it might of been just the ECW wrestlers, I'm not sure). I had taped the show, and I marked SO BAD, lol. I hit the rewind button several times on that one.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I remember that as well, it was great. It was the perfect way to bring in the WCW and ECW into the WWE. I loved when Booker T first showed up, that was simply awesome. The only think that I hated was that Stone Cold turned his back on the WWE. I don't think the WWE should of done that.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
I remember that as well, it was great. It was the perfect way to bring in the WCW and ECW into the WWE. I loved when Booker T first showed up, that was simply awesome. The only think that I hated was that Stone Cold turned his back on the WWE. I don't think the WWE should of done that.
I liked it at the time; it was hilarious and incredibly surprising. I love when writers pull something like that, because a lot of the times fans like you and I can guess what's going to happen. Plus, it was HUGE when he came back for the WWE.

I actually hated the Invasion storyline, it was the beginning of the end for my wrestling watching days. Buying WCW was the biggest mistake they could've made, I mean, they had to but still, WWF/E was so much better when it was competing against the powerhouse WCW.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Invasion angle sucked because the big named WCW wrestlers didnt come to WWE. Booker T was the biggest star who did.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
How can you guys say it sucked? Honestly it was great. I agree with you Millz that a lot of the top notch wrestlers from WCW didn't join the WWF after getting bought out from them, but you still had a few great ones. I wish Sting and Goldberg would of came during that time, but I was still amazed by that great storyline, and I am shocked that you hated it, especially you Millz.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
How can you guys say it sucked? Honestly it was great. I agree with you Millz that a lot of the top notch wrestlers from WCW didn't join the WWF after getting bought out from them, but you still had a few great ones. I wish Sting and Goldberg would of came during that time, but I was still amazed by that great storyline, and I am shocked that you hated it, especially you Millz.
I just didnt care about Hugh Morris, Shawn Stasiak and Mike Awesome invading the WWE. If it was Goldberg, Sting and Hogan then we'll talk.

I liked the Angle/McMahon/Austin stuff but that was about it. RVD was put on the map as a result so that was good. But I thought overall the angle kinda sucked. This should have been the biggest storyling in the history of the company and I dont think it lived up to the hype.