How good is your memory?

Bliss

Sally Twit
Do you remember small details from your childhood or can you barely remember what happened last week?

Are you good at memory games or do you struggle to remember what you just saw?

Do you have the memory of an elephant or a goldfish?

Personally, when it comes to my childhood I can only remember a few things. Sometimes my parents will tell me stories and I don't remember any of it. It's weird laughing about the things you did when you don't recall doing them.
I remember important dates and telephone numbers but I can't remember when I last went away - the exact month/year.

I am quite good at memory games. I have played a few and been impressed with my results.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I have a pretty solid memory, I remember the littlest things, I guess they were kinda important to me.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
My memory is good, both short term memory (STM) and longterm memory (LTM).

When I talk to my family about childhood, I remember more than they do. I think that I would have a better memory of my childhood if we didn't move house every other year (or it felt like it). Connections in the present help you remember things from the past. If you lose the connections or always have new connections, it's harder to recall.

My STM is more out of need. For example, I can memorise tons of enumeration data two days before the exam. At the day of the exam, I manage to enumerate them all. And two days after, I already forget some of them (and I don't care). I don't necessarily transform my STM to LTM.

However, my fascination for seemingly unimportant details allow me to remember things that most people forget because they simply didn't care about the information. I always surprise my friends/family when I tell them "do you remember xxxx" or "I know that, you told me a few months ago" because they think these things weren't worthy enough to be recalled by anyone.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
My memory isn't all that bad, I remember a few things from my childhood, but I've also forgotten a lot of things. When it comes to sports though my memory is wicked good. I can remember a lot of things that I read or see that involves sports.

I am not that bad at memory games, some things I am better then others.

I don't know if I have a memory of an elephant or a gold fish.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I only have a couple of memories earlier than age 4. I don't remember a whole lot, but I do remember some.

I'm really good at memory games.

Not really an elephant or a goldfish. Somewhere in between. I call it selective memory. Sometimes I forget something as soon as you've told me, other times I'll bring it up months later. I think my long term memory is better than the short term. I always joke that I won't remember it right away, but I eventually will.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
My short term memory is shot. Since my accident and the concussion I had from it, I have to write things down as I remember them, otherwise I will forget.

Long term memory is great tho. I can remember shit my parents have long forgot from years ago.

Danno

Registered Member
im same my short term is awful, ill forget i posted this in about 10 minutes...but my long term is alot better, I can still remember stuff from when i was a kid.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
My memory is average.

I can remember really small things that happened 15 years ago but sometimes I struggle to remember something I revised 15 minutes ago.

With memory games, again, average. It usually takes a bit of effort for things to stick but it's not too bad.

If an elephant and a goldfish had sex, my memory would be the by-product.