How frustrated...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Babe_Ruth, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

How frustrated do you get when your team loses? I get extremely frustrated, it takes me a few hours to get over it, sometimes days if it's a playoff game or a team they should of killed. I swear during games, if I am wearing a hat I'll throw it off. I am very competetive, and I hate when my team loses with a passion. I know they wont go undefeated during the whole year, but I just cant stand it.

How about you guys?

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

In soccer, I hate watching my teams win, but in footy if they win I hold a grudge against everyone else for a week, Footy is my passion and when a team loses, it just cuts me.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

It really depends on my expectations - how good my team is, how good the other team is, how my team plays, etc. If my team is expected to win by a lot and they end up losing or only win by a small margin, then I get pretty pissed off. Or if they play a good team and get blown out I get pissed. If they aren't really expected to win, like Ohio State vs Texas a few months ago, yet they play really well and have a chance to win at the end, then I'm not pissed at all. More so just disappointed.

4. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

If the Ravens or Orioles lose, especially in close games then I get too mad to even think straight. I remember when the Ravens lost their second game against the Steelers last season I kicked the heater, said "fuck you!" at least 20 times and stormed out of the house. Doubled by the fact that I have to put with Steelers fans all the time afterwards.

Close games where we should've won irritate me the most because some really stupid stuff prevents my team(s) from winning.

5. Major

I don't understand getting that angry over a baseball game. They play so many of them. They're going to lose games.

I think getting angry over sports in general is pretty ridiculous, but it's hard to control. I've gotten a lot better about it over the years. I try to just enjoy the game for what it is, and if my team loses then it's not the end of the world. If your team NEVER loses, then it wouldn't be as fun to watch because the wins wouldn't feel like a big deal.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I once punched the wall after the Raptors got eliminated from the playoff two years ago. I was that mad.

I am sure you get pretty heated when the Buckeyes lose to the Trojans Echoes, especially if it's a big game, or they are suppose to win. It probably takes you awhile to get over it. Am I right?

7. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Yeah but like I said, close games are the most irritating and all it can take is one missed play or screw-up and then the other team suddenly wins in the last minute.

8. Major

Honestly, I expect Ohio State to get blown out that game. I was disgusted by the way they played, but I wasn't mad. But yes, I've gotten extremely angry when they've lost before. Usually when they lose to Michigan,which thankfully hasn't happened in over 5 years! :)

I was depressed for a month after the Ohio State/Florida championship game a couple years ago.

This past season, I was honestly more pissed about some of their wins than their losses. The losses I was disappointed. A couple of the wins I was pissed at how shitty they played and that they should have won by more.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

It depends on how crucial the game is. For example, in football if it's just a friendly match, it's fine. If it's a knock out match, and we lose, normally my husband and I don't talk to each other because we're both in a bad mood and it won't make a decent conversation. :lol:

10. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

I do not get all of that frustrated, it's just sports, not a big deal at all.

However I can't say I wasn't a little bit frustrated when Missouri ruined Kansas's winning streak on football in 2007.