• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How fast can you type?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's a cool typing test website: TypingTest.com - Free Typing Test & Typing Games Online

I did it just now and got 92 words per minute with 100% accuracy. I am pretty sure I can get over 100 words per minute if I really focus.

How does my speed compare?
Your adjusted speed of 92 WPM was
156% above the average 36 WPM.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I got 103 wpm with 2 errors @ 98% accuracy. My adjusted speed is 101 wpm. I suppose they deduct the words that you got errors on for that.

I thought I was in the 80s-90s, so I'm happy.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
The problem with these tests is that nobody types that fast normally. If you're entering data you won't be doing large paragraphs at a time. If you're entering large paragraphs at a time then you're probably thinking them through as you type.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Depends. I largely do data entry all day long at work...so I'm fast there as well. My 10 key is insane.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I got around 75 words per minute... 4 errors... 90% accuracy. This test is weird...

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
67 wpm with 2 errors so 65. I was always the fastest typer of my friends at school but back then my wpm was around 45-50, so I haven't improved very much since, and I'm not good compared to the people here who have done it so far. Good to know the average is only 36, though.

Hopefully I can get it higher soon because I haven't been typing with both hands for the past 6 weeks.

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
I just did 87 on the tiger one with 100% accuracy (it took a few tries) I think that's what you did last night Brix.

I actually think that I can type faster when I'm not replicating something else. I type faster when I'm free writing (assuming that I know what I'm writing).

Dekzper

Registered Member
Well, at least I kind of tied with Fractal, lol. But there were too many words I didn't know and I was kind of stressed. Give me a min and I'll think of some more excuses, lol.
Anyway, I did 49 wpm with 1 error so 48 wpm with 97% accuracy. I did the Tigers In The Wild thing.
How does my speed compare?
Your adjusted speed of 48 WPM was
33% above the average 36 WPM.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I got 65 and 69 WPM on two different tests (adjusted) with around a 95% accuracy. The accuracy shocks me a bit because my mind tends to type faster than my fingers most of the time. Anyone that talks to me on IM or in chat knows that.