How far would you go..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AngelsPeak, Jul 13, 2008.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

to survive? This thread is based on a recent conversation with someone.

If surviving meant you had to eat humann flesh in order to live another day, could you do it? It's not even a hypothetical scenerio since people have actually been reduced to doing just that more than once.

How strong is your desire to live? Mine is very high and I'm pretty sure I'd do it. I'd also hope whoever I was with would do it as well if it meant surviving. After all, I'd be dead and wouldn't know the difference.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

My desire to survive isn't strong enough to eat human flesh. I would hope to find other food. If there isn't any then I guess it's my time to die.

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

To be honest, I don't know. Right now I would say no. That's because I'm comfortable at home and not in a difficult situation where it means life or death. Just thinking about eating human flesh makes me sick to my stomach, but if put in a position where I'm starving and there is NOTHING else to eat, I just might take a little nibble.

4. TimmehD

TimmehD Registered Member

I'd eat human flesh. Hell, if I didn't know the guy I'd even murder, skin, and cook him. It wouldn't taste very good but my desire to live is very high.

5. persephone

persephone Registered Member

I would... I think. I too have a strong will to survive, so yeah, i would. Question though. How do i post my own threads?

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

If the person was already dead like in the airplane crash movie "Alive" then I think I would. I would not however kill a fellow survivor to eat them. Absolutely not, even if it meant not surviving.

dDave likes this.
  7. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

No, I wouldn't be able to do it.

I don't have a very strong desire to live, don't get me wrong, I really want to. But I'm also willing to accept when it's my time to go, it's my time.

Though who knows? When put in that situation I may do it.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I probably would eat tree parts first or dirt, lol, than another person. I just can't imagine.

9. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

I don't see myself doing that.

10. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Until in that situation I don't think I can answer with any conviction.

I certainly would not murder a person for the benefit of their meat. If they were already dead Im really not sure how far I would go or if I would go that far soon enough if I were already on deaths door.