How essential is music to your everyday life?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Altanzitarron, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

I listen to music a lot. If I'm walking around town I'll have my ipod in. When I'm on the train I'll be listening to it again. I work in the audio / TV department in a shop and I often have to demonstrate some tunes on the speakers.

6 weeks ago my ipod died and I was at a loss. I decided to wait for the new iphone before getting something to replace it. During those 6 weeks I was forced to hear the monotony of the streets as I walked and the mundane obnoxious banter of teenagers on the train. Now I have the iphone and the world makes sense again.

So my question is this, how important is music to your everyday life?

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Unlike most people here it's not really that important to my everyday life. Don't get me wrong, I do love music, I just don't have to be listening to it all the time. I mostly listen to music while I'm driving or working out, or sometimes while I'm at the computer or going to sleep. Other than that it's pretty rare.

RJ-Cool likes this.
  3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I could do without music but I do enjoy it a lot. I like to listen to music when I am just hanging out with my friends at my house, or at a party. If I work out alone I like to have my ipod on me.

I usually have my ipod on me when I am working at my job, it just helps pass the time a little quicker I find.

4. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

I would die without music. When I was living in the UK I did what you did Alt. I had my ipod and never left home without it. As soon as I walked out my front door it would be on till I got to work or wherever I was going. I don't do it like that anymore though, as I drive everywhere. I obviously listen to music in my car now, but I feel like I've gotten lazy and don't bother getting new music sometimes.

I love learning about new bands and artist I knew nothing about and recently I have gone on a mission to get this again. It is going good so far!! :)

5. Fire

Fire Registered Member

I have music playing constantly. I just need it for background noise, but also it keeps me exploring many types and different songs. I have many hobbies, but one I hope to work on more is to decipher the structure of music and analyze how it affects me exactly.

At times, I will choose to have certain music playing either for inspiration for a story or daydreaming session or to simply feel my way through it.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Music is important to me but I've had years of not listening to new music, no radio, no new CDs. I mostly just sing. But a couple of years ago, I got into a habit of listening to youtube songs, mostly through links sent to me by friends. Then I have some albums on my computer now that I keep on loop play while I surf the net. I don't have an ipod but I've some music saved on my Blackberry which I sue when I go out or workout at the gym. My every move seem to come out of a music video some days.

7. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

As essential as food and water. I always have music on in the car, and usually in the house unless the kids are watching something.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I love music. I listen to it every single day. I have a crappy iPod which only stores around 300 songs and it's just not enough. I have to constantly change what's on there. If I could afford an iPod touch I'd get one in a heartbeat.

Major likes this.
  9. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

Everyday, even if it's just that half hour of the morning when i'm getting up, but my iPod is used at least once a day; when i'm writing it's on for hours.

10. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I love music but when I listen to it, I have to really listen. It's even to the point where sometimes I have to mute before I can reply to people over IM. I'm not sure whether it's because I feel I have to appreciate it or I'm just seriously awful at multi-tasking, but yeah, whilst I'm doing anything remotely attention dividing, I won't be listening to music.

So the point of saying that was now you can see how it's hard for music to be essential to my everyday life when I can't seem to function well when it's playing, haha. :/ I still love it though and will listen during mundane tasks or just when I'm not really doing anything.