• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How educated are you?

What is your education level (answer your highest only)

• Doctorate/PhD

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Masters Degree or Graduate Degree

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Bachelors Degree

• Associates Degree

• Professional Certification

• High School Diploma

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • GED

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less than High School equivalency

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• Total voters

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I'm picking other. Technically, by society's standards, I only have my highschool education. So on paper, I'm technically unqualified for anything. Thankfully, one's education is a measure of nothing. You can't make any judgements or form any opinions about someone based on their education. How far they got in school, isn't a measure of how intelligent, or how much they know. One's education simply matters to whatever 'job' you might be trying to aim for. Otherwise, what difference does it make how far you got.

dDave

V.I.P.
I have more than enough credits for a bachelor's degree in IT, but I would have to take some classes I have no interest in to get the degree.

If I could be paid to do anything, being a student would be it, but I learn for my pleasure. I joined the military after high school, USAF, in a tech field and have been taking classes in IT ever since. I hold a lot of certifications, but mostly only when paid for by my work. I pay for classes, but I don't care about having letters in my signature, so unless the testing is free, I tend not to bother.
That’s fine. I realized after getting my degree in IT that certifications are much better. Most places of employment view a bachelors in IT as little more than a certification anyway.