• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How educated are you?

What is your education level (answer your highest only)

• Doctorate/PhD

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Masters Degree or Graduate Degree

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Bachelors Degree

• Associates Degree

• Professional Certification

• High School Diploma

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • GED

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less than High School equivalency

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• Total voters

dDave

V.I.P.
Pretty simple question really. What's your level of education?

I have a bachelors degree in IT, graduated 2016 (and debt free at that, I worked through school). Kind of sad I'm out of IT and working as an AV engineer now, don't get to use my degree all too frequently.

If you don't live in America and use different terms to describe education level. Please answer the most comparable option to whatever your educational level is.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I wanted to have a PhD so people can call me "doctor" (I wanted to be a doctor but medical school isn't for me, hate blood and all that). No one calls me "master" because of my educational level, haha.

I have a MS in Industrial and Organizational Psychology and I have a BA in Social Sciences (Psychology/Sociology/Anthropology) major in Behavioral Studies. I'm lucky school wasn't expensive although for the last few years I was a working student.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I have a high school diploma (I graduated in '97).

From there, I took a few courses at a community college. However, I don't have a college degree at this point.

dDave

V.I.P.
I wanted to have a PhD so people can call me "doctor" (I wanted to be a doctor but medical school isn't for me, hate blood and all that). No one calls me "master" because of my educational level, haha.

I have a MS in Industrial and Organizational Psychology and I have a BA in Social Sciences (Psychology/Sociology/Anthropology) major in Behavioral Studies. I'm lucky school wasn't expensive although for the last few years I was a working student.
what kind of work does that put you in? That sounds like a fairly broad spectrum.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
what kind of work does that put you in? That sounds like a fairly broad spectrum.
Consultant in Human Resources, Change Management; Conference/seminar speaker haha. Social services, research, university professor, psych test administration. I've done most of those on the list but now, with my bilingual proficiency I work as an interpreter for public services (court/schools/hospital/immigration office/asylum applications) and consult in cultural therapy sessions.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I think it's unlikely that I'll ever go back to college and earn a degree.

I do like to self educate myself, however, just for the joy of learning, as I sometimes read textbooks.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have a high school diploma and I did a bit of college. I never liked school, so I did not give full effort - which today I regret; however, I still have a great job that I worked my ass off to get there.

Impaired

Registered Member
I have more than enough credits for a bachelor's degree in IT, but I would have to take some classes I have no interest in to get the degree.

If I could be paid to do anything, being a student would be it, but I learn for my pleasure. I joined the military after high school, USAF, in a tech field and have been taking classes in IT ever since. I hold a lot of certifications, but mostly only when paid for by my work. I pay for classes, but I don't care about having letters in my signature, so unless the testing is free, I tend not to bother.

Shwa

V.I.P.
HS Diploma and some college, just couldn't complete my first two years due to financial obligations and overworked schedule, though plans are being made and funds are being allocated to savings so I can have enough to work and at least complete my courses for an associates. But, like anything else, time and circumstances effected my education, and mostly bad choices made on my end.

~Shwa

Impact

V.I.P.
I have a professional certification that is considered the equivalent of a 4 year university degree in the UK. There are two routes to be qualified for my job, Uni or studying whilst working like I did. I couldn't afford uni and wasn't inclined to rack up student debt. I would have been a mature student had I gone back to full time study and wasn't sure I was prepared to adjust my lifestyle from the full-time wage it was used to. It worked for the field I wanted to work in.