How Easy Is It To Lose Touch With GF?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by English-Emo-Boy, Mar 19, 2009.

1. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Okay so nothing annoys me more when somebody writes an introduction, I waste seven seconds of my life reading "I'm going to stick around and can't wait to make new friends", but that's the only post they make.

Not that gets me thinking, how easy is it to totally lose touch with general forum.

If they visited at home and are regular internet surfers then it's going to be saved in you browsing history/cookies so you're going to see it again.

Plus you're not likely to totally forget about signing up and registering unless you're totally drunk, so making another visit is so easy and maybe sometimes inadvoidable.

I remember when I registered and made an intro thread, the next time I was back online I searched 'google' and in the browsing history I say 'generalforum.com' and thought yeah lets go for it again. I made a few more posts, made some poker buddies and settled nicely, so what was the problem?

So how easy for you would it be to totally lose touch with GF?

Blueyes likes this.

2. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

well I did for around 5 months. I don't know why, I don't know how, but it happened.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

That happens on any site though. I'm quite annoyed at one in particular because some loser signed up with a name I wanted and never did anything with their account. Oh but we wouldn't want to delete the poor lurkers account. Maybe one day he/she will return!

HELLO! I'm right here and I'm guaranteed to be a member if you give me the name. If not then I refuse to join. How about that for odds.

Seriously though, it's annoying when people sign up and don't do anything, no matter what site. :lol:

It seems to happen a lot though. Maybe those people are just really dumb? Perhaps I should send more emails to new members and annoy them into coming back and replying to their intro threads. :lol:

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Not easy at all, so it's hard to understand how people can just leave right after making an intro thread and never return. Maybe it's because I very rarely join forums, so when I joined GF I didn't forget to go back the next day or whatever.

When people sign up to forums, they must have had a reason. For example, if they did because they were bored, then they are obviously going to find themselves in that same bored situation again soon, so why don't they come back arrrgh.

I guess I can understand not seeing it in the browser history, though.
    ------
    Wow I only just noticed your join date haha.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Well that's why I hardly ever read the intro threads. 95% of them don't stick around for more than 20 posts.

I've gotten bored with GF and taken some long breaks, but I always end up coming back. I'll never be able to forget about it completely.

I did sign up at a hiking forum a few years ago and never posted. Well a few weeks ago I wanted to post there, so I tried to register and it said the username and email address were already in use. I had completely forgotten that I was registered already.

Blueyes likes this.
  6. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

It would be pretty difficult for me to lose touch with GF to be honest. When I type "www.g" in my search bar GF is the first thing that comes up. Even when I want to go to google I see it. It also comes up on my google search bar aswell, so it would be hard for me to forget about it.
    People who make an intro thread and are never seen again just piss me off...
    People take the time to welcome them and then never bother to come back :stare:

Blueyes likes this.
  7. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

I suppose when they join they might not like the forum or may have an early bad experience that puts them off.

But when you get members who say they love forums and wasting countless hours on them and will be staying active, then never return....well that's just crap.

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well sometimes they turn out to be spammers too. That's why sometimes intro threads disappear a few days later. They make some posts and then start spamming and we just delete all of their stuff to clean things out. :lol:

9. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

I just checked, and even though I joined in February, my first post (in my History, at least) wasn't until August 24th. That's quite a while between joining and posting. Dunno what the hell happened there. Now though, I can't really be away for that long unless I'm away or on holiday or something. I love you all so much!

10. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

ok kanyewes :lol:

Do you not remember how you found GF again? I remember being in the chatroom with you and Nix and discussing how we were all such noooobs :nod:

Blueyes likes this.