• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How does the "New Posts" or the front page...

Nanner

Registered Member
work? I've noticed for quite awhile now that when I know there are new posts on a thread they don't show up. When I first come on here I use the front page and the orange eye thingys. Then I go to "New Posts" and read there. Example. Today I found a couple of whole threads that were done yesterday that I totally missed. The only reason I found them was someone posted a new reply today that showed up. Is there a time limit on new posts? I'm on here enough that I wouldn't think that would be a problem if there was??? Then tonight I read someone saying to go to the "Bill Cosby thread" to find a pic of something. WHAT Bill Cosby thread??? Anyway enough examples. Just wondering how this actually works or if I'm the only one having this problem?

Holy s....errr COW! It's late. Nighty Night!

TGirl

Registered Member
Nooo I have this problem too....I already mentioned it in another thread a while back...I have no Idea why they disapear if we have not read them yet...
A mod said that they disapear after 15 minutes...meaning if you sign on and are Idle for 15 minutes without checking them then they disapear...but I could have totally miss understood....

I said they should not go away until I have clicked on them like the front page...because if you miss a day...you miss a lot!!! you have to go search for them and hope you find them all

BTW The Bill Cosby Thread was mine and is in the Water Cooler Forum...I posted pics of my kids.....

momtobrenna

Registered Member
You're not the only one. It drives me nuts. I click on new posts, and before i can get finished going through them they disappear. Then i have to go through all of the forums to find any with their last post since i was logged on last. :hmph:

TGirl

Registered Member
OOPS not the Water cooler.......The Break Room....

doubles2004

Registered Member
Hmmmmm ....I dont have that problem here ...Oh but im always here maybe thats why. :lollol:

Nanner

Registered Member
TGirl said:
Nooo I have this problem too....I already mentioned it in another thread a while back...I have no Idea why they disapear if we have not read them yet...
A mod said that they disapear after 15 minutes...meaning if you sign on and are Idle for 15 minutes without checking them then they disapear...but I could have totally miss understood....

I said they should not go away until I have clicked on them like the front page...because if you miss a day...you miss a lot!!! you have to go search for them and hope you find them all

BTW The Bill Cosby Thread was mine and is in the Water Cooler Forum...I posted pics of my kids.....

Hmmm I didn't see your post saying that you were having problems too! SEE!!!! I'm not the only one (cept doubles but he never goes away :D) You're right.....they shouldn't go away unless they really have been read. Doesn't even have to be the front page....even "New Posts" works for me.

Ahhh Andrew......can this be fixed? PLEASE!!!!!????? Pretty please with whipped cream on top?????