• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How does the archive feature in Outlook work?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have thousands of emails in my Outlook folders, and I think that is why Outlook is so slow nowadays. ;)

What exactly does the archive feature do, and are the emails easy to access still once they have been archived?

Thanks.

jul9632

Ok, I'm new to this site, as of today. I found this post on outlook from 06. Am I missing something? did no one answer the question or are they cleared after some time?:confused:

Well, in case anyone is still wondering...

It can have some effect if you save alot. What is a lot? Depends. on the machine. Is it local? or Exchange Server? Size of Space and memory?

Anyway if you are a pack rat like me. Then yes archive. If you wish to archive locally then enable autoarchive and let it do the work for you. If you wish to archive on a server or some other place that is regularlly backed up, then archive manually.

Very easy to access after archive. You will have a new folder Called "Archive Folders" inside you will find what looks like a replica of the subfolders from your inbox. All old email will move from like folder in your in box to like folders in your archive.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow I forgot about this post. Yes you are correct. There were no replies since I first posted it back in 2006. :D

I don't even use Outlook anymore, but I'm thinking of installing it again just to have access to all of my old emails that I have saved in a backup file. :)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow I forgot about this post. Yes you are correct. There were no replies since I first posted it back in 2006. :D

I don't even use Outlook anymore, but I'm thinking of installing it again just to have access to all of my old emails that I have saved in a backup file. :)