• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How does one eat an orange?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I cut them into eighths and then peel the skin off. I hate peeling the skin first. Dunno why.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I don't eat oranges. I just drink its juice. Eating it sounds like too much work. no srsly, I never eat oranges, but I drink orange juice every morning. It's more critical than coffee if you want the truth.

wtf is a satsuma?

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Like a mini orange but usually sweeter and comes in segments that you can pull apart. I don't know what the difference between a satsuma and a tangerine is, but here's a pic:

Bjarki

Registered Member
Well yeah, I usually eat mandarines, they are easier to pull apart and sweeter as well. Oranges are rather sour... and messy yeah.. but I bought this backet with fruits in them and the oranges were in there. Kiwi's too :urp:

konboye

Registered Member
Like a mini orange but usually sweeter and comes in segments that you can pull apart. I don't know what the difference between a satsuma and a tangerine is, but here's a pic:

Its the same thing. A satsuma is just some other specie or variety.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
You guys are a bunch of babies lol. Just make sure you have paper towels/napkins when you eat your orange.

What I do is peel the orange then eat it, it's has simple as that. If it does get messy then I just use my paper towel, then when I'm done eating I just wash my hands.

JaneSmith

Registered Member
Oh no, I'm a Floridian and will tell you how to eat an orange.
Slice off the navel. That would be where the fruit was picked from the tree and there's a little nub or the other end. Slice it off like you are slicing a tomato slice. Then slice the other end off. Make 2-3 slices of the remainder.
Then cut each in half. So you will have wedges, like those that would go on a cocktail glass with a fancy drink.
Then you have 4-6 wedges that you can eat with no mess, no fuss. And the skin peels right off and smells good.
This method does take a knife and a plate but it's worth it and you can take your time to eat the fruit.