• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How does facial help my skin?

Interis

Registered Member
A dermatologist recommended that I do facial regularly, at least once a month. If you've tried it before, well, you'll know that it really hurts. I also have more pimples coming up after facial, which probably means I get more bacterias than before. Some people even recommend it as a part of anti-aging regimen, so I'm quite confused. Did I do something wrong?

NellyBell

Registered Member
What kind of facials are you getting and what are they supposed to be treating? I've had some bad experiences with facials in the past that made me break out, even though they were supposed to be helping me with my acne. I've found that facials involving steaming do more harm for me than good because they mess with my natural moisture barrier.

Interis

Registered Member
What kind of facials are you getting and what are they supposed to be treating? I've had some bad experiences with facials in the past that made me break out, even though they were supposed to be helping me with my acne. I've found that facials involving steaming do more harm for me than good because they mess with my natural moisture barrier.
The facials I've got always included steaming to open the pores and get the comedo out. It was meant to clean up the clogs so they won't evolve into acne. I feel so silly if I've been doing it wrong all the time.

Pepper

Registered Member
I used to have facials a few years ago, but it was just to remove blackheads (when I used to have them). I'm not sure what type you are doing. Maybe you could ask your doctor to suggest the best type of facials for your skin?

Interis

Registered Member
I used to have facials a few years ago, but it was just to remove blackheads (when I used to have them). I'm not sure what type you are doing. Maybe you could ask your doctor to suggest the best type of facials for your skin?
I haven't really tried that because I've stopped seeing a doctor for my skincare needs. I feel like spending too much without a clear result, so I tried to make a plan on my own. I guess that backfired on me quite badly.