How do your pets go up/down the stairs?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Mirage, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah, stole this thread idea from Steve but I think this will make an interesting thread too.

How do your pets go down the stairs?

I've seen dogs go down stairs so fast you'd think they were going to kill themselves. I think I'd be scared to run down the stares at full speed on all fours.

Cats are even worse. I've seen them go down stairs without touching a single step. They are so fast and light it isn't even funny.

Once I had a hamster and it went down the stairs by accident in one of those plastic balls you can put them in to run around. Poor thing was shook up a bit but other then that wasn't really hurt by the fall.

So, how do your pets or pets you've seen go up/down the stairs?

2. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I have a german shepherd who refuses to go up or down the stairs. He knows the cats hang out in the basement but is to chicken to get to them.
    I do believe that's his only fear.

3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Well, my dog goes up and down the stairs on all fours. But when no one is looking, she will use two legs.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I have a kitten and when he wants to go upstairs, he just runs and jumps. When he wants to go down, he basically falls.

5. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

LOL this made me laugh. I can actually picture the kitty falling down the stairs too.

My dogs will just haul ass up the stairs and down them and sometimes miss a step and slide down a few before catching themselves.

My cat would fly over a few steps going up and down but never lose her balance.

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I have an English Bulldog that stumbles up and down the stairs because she tries to run and her legs aren't long enough.

My standard poodle just runs up and down easily.

7. CBNJ

CBNJ Registered Member

My two labs walk? They take the steps down, very elegant if you ask me.

8. Tyeler

Tyeler Registered Member

My shihtzu chewy sorta follows people... he won't go up there unless there's someone else up there... (I think he's scared of bein' alone... poor guy) He like leaps two or three steps at a time, waits, then goes again. Then my cat... He's fun to watch cause he's like, abnormaly big for a cat... (Bigger than our dog) He doesn't have to try too hard... his front feet go like 2 steps ahead of him, so he just kinda prods up there... but it's wierd how fast he gets up there... beats the dog every time... Wierd..................

9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Groan. Worst post in the history of GF. (Read the other stairs thread and you will see why)

10. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

haha totally the worst post ever. :shocked:

My dogs always run up and down the stairs without fail.