• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How do you top your Ice Cream?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
When I buy a box of vanilla bean ice cream at the store to take home I like to top it with chocolate syrup, bananas, nuts, whipped topping and a cherry or two on top. Its my version of the banana split and my favorite way of doing it. Only sometimes do I make a traditional Banana Split.

What are your favorite ways to top your ice cream?

Elanor

Registered Member
I tend to keep ice cream as it comes in the tub. But when I do top it I use whipped cream, pistachio nuts, and either strawberries or raspberries. For me this goes with most ice cream flavours and is just perfect.

dDave

V.I.P.
I used to do a caramel and strawberry mix, that was always awesome. These days I'll actually use stuff like bananas and peanut butter because they're just sitting around and ready to use.

Crushed oreos and/or M&Ms are great as well.

I don't really ever do whipped cream, cherries, or pineapple I know that those three ingredients can be quite popular.

Obvious chocolate syrup is standard. :)

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I normally don't put anything on the top of my icecream to be honest. I am not much of a chocolate fudge lover.

I think if anything it would be sprinkles or caramel.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I dislike most ice cream toppings. I tend to like ice cream plain with nothing in it except for the flavor. I don't like nuts or anything like that mixed in the ice cream itself, either.

The only thing I will even remotely do is Hershey's chocolate syrup, and very sparingly. I don't really like fudge so that's the only kind I can even tolerate.

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
I top my ice cream with chocolate, strawberry, sprinkles and--on special occasions--Reese's Pieces, M & M's, and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I like to put hot fudge or a caramel sauce on my ice cream. It's the only way to go, IMO!

Bliss

Sally Twit
I have my ice cream as it comes. When I buy it I will go for the fancy flavours, which don't need anything else added. I love Ben and Jerry's ice cream. My favourites are Peanut Butter Cup (only available at the cinema), Chocolate Fudge Brownie and Mint Chocolate Chunk (only available at the cinema).

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It depends on what kind of ice cream I'm eating. At home I usually eat vanilla ice cream, and I stop it with Hershey's chocolate syrup 90% of the time. Occasionally I'll eat it plain, or with M&M's mixed in.

When I'm out I like to order sundaes with hot fudge, whipped cream, and a cherry.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I love putting Milo, Nesquick and some sort of topping on my ice cream. I love using ice magic because it hardens on top to make chocolate you can break into the ice cream.