How do you study for a test?

Stripes_Z_Zebra

Registered Member
Tomorrow I have a government test and I need to study for it (so lame:urp:). I usually do the study guide and read my notes or highlight the important information. So, how do you goys/gals do it? Or use to do it?

Jeru

Registered Member
If there was a study guide i might look it over real quick before the test...
i never really had to study, but flash cards helped me a lot if i need to learn something

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
The way I learn is by paying attention during class which is why I really dislike missing school. When it comes time to study I usually just read over the notes and go over what I remember from the lecture in my head.

Twitch

Registered Member
I am atrocious at studying. The only way I can study is if they give out a study guide. If I try to study from just notes, I find out, somehow, I took the wrong notes and the stuff I wrote down isn't even on the goddamn test.

Stripes_Z_Zebra

Registered Member
I am atrocious at studying. The only way I can study is if they give out a study guide. If I try to study from just notes, I find out, somehow, I took the wrong notes and the stuff I wrote down isn't even on the goddamn test.

I know how you feel! It happens to me a lot. I hate it when you know a certain amount of information but they throw a curve ball and give you questions on things you don't know really well.

Jeru

Registered Member
Thats the worst, spent the whole first week of college taking notes because it was stressed that you had to write down everything the professor said...well he spent more time talking about his house in Montana then anything, and so he gives us a study guide and tells us that we can find the information on pages we haven't even learned yet

BigBob

Registered Member
I could never study. I don't know what it was but I just couldn't. If the test was the next day, I'd try and study but I just would get side tracked and say whatever.

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
I would often take my own notes down from the text or papers that I was given, read over it once then just write everything down instead. Listen to music as well, always a helper for me at least.

~Shwa

Depends on the test
If it involves memorising work I read out loud.
Just a test on say a few chapters I make use of my notes and summaries. I hate the parrot method too hard.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I relax, do things I enjoy like playing games and watching movies, then I sit and look over my study guide for about a half hour and go to bed.

It got me a degree cum laude so it can't be a terrible method. I think people stress themselves too hard and overlook the use of a calming activity or something to cheer them up beforehand.