How do you set a starting price?

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by technoflutemom, Sep 30, 2006.

1. technoflutemom

technoflutemom Registered Member

Do you make your starting price the least amount you would be happy to get or do you set it low and hope for the best?

2. palefrost

palefrost Registered Member

Depends on what it is. If i know its a valuable collectable and have researched it i start the bid on the least amount i would sell it for.

If i have no clue what i have i start it at a price that will cover all the fees of the auction. So around 5.00 last i checked. I wont sell anything below 5.00 because i dont feel i can make a profit.

3. Melos

Melos Registered Member

I always made it the lowest that would make me happy for the item. I could never gamble with a 99 cent auction if I really wanted $10.00 for the item.

4. karenlyn

karenlyn Registered Member

I do the same. You see a lot of seller gambling with a low starting price, and I always wonder if that method works for them. Braver souls than me, that's for sure.

Then again, a lot of the 99 cent asking price sellers charge 15$ shipping for a small item.

5. technoflutemom

technoflutemom Registered Member

I usually prefer buyers use the "Buy it Now", so I set my minimum price just a tad below that.

6. ninikins

ninikins Registered Member

I prefer buy it now too and always make sure that its the lowest best price for me.