• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How do you pretend to be busy at work?

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
If it's really busy at work and there's about six of us working at the same time, I just try to avoid doing stuff so I pace up and down pretend I am carrying plates for the wash or just cleaning. I get away with it though.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Oh man I used to do SO many things when I worked at Crust Pizza Bar. Sometimes I would stand at the computer clicking on all the pizzas and make really huge fake orders then delete them. Or I would look at the map of Geelong on the wall for a long time pretending to find customer addresses when I was really just doing nothing. Other times I'd stand in the kitchen and just play with the high-pressured hose thing pretending to do dishes, but really I was just shooting the sink over and over. It wasn't even my job to do dishes, I just thought that hose was fun.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Oh man I used to do SO many things when I worked at Crust Pizza Bar. Sometimes I would stand at the computer clicking on all the pizzas and make really huge fake orders then delete them. Or I would look at the map of Geelong on the wall for a long time pretending to find customer addresses when I was really just doing nothing. Other times I'd stand in the kitchen and just play with the high-pressured hose thing pretending to do dishes, but really I was just shooting the sink over and over. It wasn't even my job to do dishes, I just thought that hose was fun.
Crust Pizza Bar recently opened up just down the street from me, is it actually any good?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
YES! Seriously it's almost too good. Ever since I ate Crust I can hardly eat other pizza now. It's just not as good. The best part is the sauces they put on top. Especially the peri-peri and pesto aoli. It's more expensive than most pizza, but that's because they use really fresh and good ingredients. And I worked there so I know they are telling the truth haha.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Well, if I'm at the end of my shift and not closing, I'll go to guest services and grab the reshops. I'll take them to the floor and slowly put stuff up. I'll walk up and down the aisles, picking up more and pretend to straighten the aisles out. I AM technically working, just slowly and taking my time.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I remember when I worked at Tim Hortons (Its a coffee shop here in canada, like star bucks, but without all the special flavours), later in the day, the tables would have a lot of plates and cups left behind by customers. During the rush time, we weren't always able to keep up with the bussing. Anyways, so I'd always volunteer to clean the table and load the dishwasher. I liked it because I got a break from dealing with customers. I'd do one table at a time, to maximize my walking time. I was usually able to kill a good hour that way. It was great too, since doing the dishes was nasty. You had to dump out all the old coffee and napkins people left in the cup. It was a bit gross, but I always kept the hot water running, so I wasn't worried about germs.

Now at my current job, the boss is really laid back. My crew and I always finish our day's production early, and spend the last couple hours of the day just doing cleanup, and then basically standing around chatting lol. The supervisor doesn't mind though, because we're never behind in our work. He knows we don't slack if there's actually something to keep us busy.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
At this one restaurant I worked at if everything was done the boss didn't mind us sitting at a table and talking. She would often sit with us. Because of that when it was busy you didn't mind working your butt off.

This fast food place I worked at they wasn't like that. So I would fiddle with napkins and things when there really wasn't nothing to do. Sometimes I would drag my feet making onion rings because that was easy to get out of cooking.

Most places I worked at you didn't have time to pretend you were busy, there was too much to do.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
When I ran out of work at the factory I would grab a box out of stock and act like I was walking around stocking when I was actually bullshitting with my co workers.

Konshentz

Konshentz
There are definitely times during my work day that I have absolutely nothing to do. I pretend to stock shelves or help customers... even though 90% of the time I'm talking or messing with my phone.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Well, I pretty much have a desk job, and my desk space is fairly private, in a half style cubicle with a wall behind me. I can see someone coming fairly quickly. So lately, I pretend to be busy by posting on GF. :lol:

But to be fair, I am insanely busy at work most of the time anyway.