How Do You Prefer Your Rock?

Scissorhands

Registered Member
Do you like rock to be super serious? Like with some guy with long black hair walking up out of a lake completely dry and a super pissed look on his face and flames in the background while bellowing out hateful and angry lyrics? Or do you like your rock fun and happy with comedic videos and lyrics? OR do you like soft and sad rock? I just really wanna see what everyone likes here.

I guess I grew up with too much influence from Blink, Mest, and Sum so I like my rock to be happy and upbeat. I like comedic videos that make me piss my pants. Like Bowling For Soup once said - I think rock and roll is really funny when it's serious. I guess I am just more of a fun person than a driving around to Three Days Grace all serious-ed out and shit.

What say you?

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
I'm totally into Classic Rock... Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Kiss, Bad Company, ELO, The Alan Parson's Project, The Steve Miller Band, Fleetwood Mac, etc. But I also enjoy U2, Guns n' Roses, Metallica, Van Halen, AC / DC, Journey, Bon Jovi, etc, too.
...I guess you could say I have random tastes in Rock music?

...Just a few of my Rock favs:

YouTube - The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin´67

YouTube - KISS - Beth

YouTube - Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaVQg2YmR-8

YouTube - ROLLING STONES : GIMME SHELTER

YouTube - Wont Get Fooled Again

YouTube - Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood

YouTube - Bob Seger - Main Street

YouTube - The Cure Love song (sub español)

YouTube - Night Ranger - Sister Christian

Last edited:

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
I'm a big classic rock fan too. I like huge, powerful epic rock songs like Sweet Child O' Mine, November Rain, Baba O'Reilly, Bat out of Hell, Carry On my Wayward Son et al.

I love all kinds of rock. It just depends on the song. I love classic, alternative, and tons of songs from the 80's.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I only like a few Nickelback songs and that is not one of them. Anyway, I consider them "light/soft rock". That song is terrible though. I had to stop it at about a minute.

Lately I have been digging Chris Daughtry's stuff. For example:

YouTube - Daughtry - Open Up Your Eyes (HQ)

A lot of his stuff is probably considered soft rock (compared to some of the harder stuff for sure) but I don't care. I also like stuff like Keith Urban, which tends to fall more on the Country side of the genre.

YouTube - Keith Urban Hit The Ground Running

I guess I prefer "Pop Rock", but by no means all of it.

Last edited: