How do you organise yourself?

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
If you have a busy life with work/school/college/being a full time parent, how do you organise yourself?

By organise I mean keep up with appointments, go to meetings, see friends, go to your job, pick up kids at the right time etc.

A few examples might be writing everything (dates, times, places, which people) in a diary, writing them on a post-it note and putting them on the fridge, having a little whiteboard and pen in the kitchen or living room and writing "to do" lists. Or maybe you don't do any of that and just keep it all in your head? :lol:

I'll answer this later.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I don't keep notes or anything like that - I literally do keep it all in my head and go from there. It's stupid really as I usually forget something. I tried to keep a diary in the past but I never wrote things in it so it's pointless having one now. I'm not the type of person that would carry a diary around with me either.

I write it down on my whiteboard, yo. Yeah, I have one in my room and I love it. Right now there's about 7 or 8 random things I need to remember, both long-term and just general stuff I'm doing tomorrow.

NINnerd

Survived a M&G with Trent
I'll write it down in several places. I have a dry-erase board for big To-Do's that don't have a specific time or date. Then I have a wall calendar for things that do. And finally, everything from the wall calendar goes into my Google Calendar, which is synced to my Palm Pre. Those scheduled things are more important usually, anyways. I have some things in my Palm's Task app, but I tend to see my dry-erase board more for that.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I have a good memory so I don't have to do the whole "Write it down" deal but when my mind gets clobbered, I always use the school diary to write stuff down because I always take the school diary home and I've got everything in there, what homework and all that.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I write everything I need to do on my white board that I keep in my room. Right now I havent got anything written on it because I have nothing to do. I also write stuff on my calander, usually people's birthdays or meetings I have to go to. I mainly keep the white board for college work that I have to complete or shopping I need to buy.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I write everything down on post-it notes, or whatever scrap of paper is near me, then proceed to lose that note. For important appointments, like the dentist/doctors, i'll put a reminder in my phone. Other than that I go on memory, which is why I forget a lot of stuff.

Oh and for work related things, I use my outlook calendar. It tends to be a lot more of a hassle those.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I just do the best I can to establish a routine. The sturdier the routine the easier it is to keep up with the different "hats" I wear.