How do you motivate yourself??

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by StroShow, May 15, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Your alarm clock rings and you know that you have to get up and get ready for work, but the last thing you want to do is get up. How do you motivate yourself to get up and get ready for another day of the 'real world'?

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Think about the money. It's the only thing I think about any more. I hate my job.

idisrsly likes this.
  3. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

Unfortunately, my kids are the ones who wake me up. So even if I wanted to sleep in they will under no circumstances allow it. So really, it's because of them I get to work :lol:
    Anyway, I currently motivate myself by counting down the weeks till I start my leave.

4. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

I love going to work even if i hate my job.

I always have ten minutes of "I hate work I don't wanna go....stupid world and funstuff costing money eurgh"

And then I'm chirpy for the rest of the day!

:)

5. RJ-Cool

RJ-Cool "Expect the unexpected"

Hey! If it's 'Payday' it usually doesn't take much other than the thought of 'getting that dough today'. Otherwise, I try to focus on the my ultimate goal/reason for working in the first place.

6. yourwebcrafter

yourwebcrafter Registered Member

We happen to be covering this very thing in the first class of the Bachelors program at Phoenix, kind of a repeat since it is pretty much the same as when we started the Associates :nod:

Anyhoo...I am a perfectionist of sorts so getting things done right is usually a motivator, that lets out being late, or doing hastened stuff. The other things I do is of course the kids are a motivator, fear of the wife a definite motivator :D........The best way I have found to motivate myself is to look at the things that I enjoy doing that I never get to do, like going to the park and sitting under the Gazebo on the swing with no one except the wife, or going out for a movie, or night of bowling, or a Ribeye steak at Texas Road House...usually I am far to busy trying to make money to do any of those things and several others, so I set short term and long term goals for certain things, if I meet a goal successfully I stop everything and get to go spend time doing one of those things...if I accomplish goals early and still quality I get to do two of them :D

7. Jakey-D

Jakey-D Registered Member

Don't wanna get too soppy but I work with my beautiful girlfriend who I adore. That's enough to get me out of bed.

8. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Right now...the fact I only have just under 3 months left at this job. Before that is was the pay cheque. I really don't like my job, so that is the only thing I really like about it.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I picture having to explain to my boss why I'm late or absent. That motivates me because she can be scary!

Also, having office crush is motivating enough to go to work. :lol:

10. ARGMAN

ARGMAN Registered Member

wow, so I need to get kids so I flip to a punctual person?! :D