• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How do you manage burnout?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I struggle with anxiety and burnout on the regular with my job. I have to use meditation techniques, stretching, and procrastination (unhealthy, I know) as ways to help ease the stress of work.

How do you deal with it?

Konshentz

Konshentz
My job is so easy I would actually feel guilty about burnout. The most stressful this job has ever been is in the last month and even then, it's nothing a little video games or whiny music can't fix. Haha.

• Haha
Reactions: Doc

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Music and reading for the most part. Before all this shutdown, I was going to the gym at 4:30 am. It’s a great time to think, to reflect, and is a great stress reliever.

dDave

V.I.P.
I usually manage burnout by just taking some really serious alone time. Get some good snacks, watch a good movie, or play a really good game. Typically if I'm burned out, I don't want to be hanging out with other people. Sometimes I've also been known to just sit down and read for a very long time, that works too but is less common for me.

Before COVID-19 I was going to the gym 3 times a week after work. I'd spend an hour in silence in a very hot sauna every time, amazingly relaxing.

I enjoy activities like youtube, the forums, fb, etc. but they don't help me manage burnout, they kind of help me use up time between tasks and things I have to do.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
Not working overtime is a good way to help prevent burnout with your job, if that's something you can do.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I struggle with anxiety and burnout on the regular with my job. I have to use meditation techniques, stretching, and procrastination (unhealthy, I know) as ways to help ease the stress of work.

How do you deal with it?
Procrastination is fine. Sometimes forcing yourself to do things now just add to the stress (and that is unhealthy) and which makes you more unproductive anyway.

Me time is important. Self pampering - be it eating food that gives you joy, playing video games, forum posting :p or anything that makes you laugh and think about good times. Doesn't have to be long periods just as long as you do it right - not think about responsibilities and problems at work. It's like taking that 15-min power nap that recharges you to be awake and active longer than trying not to rest at all, thinking you'll accomplish more.

Personally, I turn to music. I sing or play an instrument freestyle. That relaxes me. Then breathing (like what you probably do already during your meditation techniques)m

Impaired

Registered Member
Saber fencing, walking and reading. If I am too stressed to read, audiobooks are good. Listening to music.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A few good beers help me relieve stress. In addition, working out and lifting some heavy weights help out, too.