• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

how do you make a gif?

L

lilbballfrk

i want to make a gif of my own but cant seem to find the right tutorial or program. suggestions?

K

kajin_phoenixlord

There are different ways to make gif aimations. Ther are simple programs you can use like Jasc Animator Shop or something like that. I use Photshop and ImageReady for my gifs. It's a bit more techinical, but it what I like to work with. You have to build gif animations frame by frame. Basically, a gif image is like a series of pictures all rolled into one to make a mini movie. It takes time depending on how you want to make it.

L

lilbballfrk

doesnt that mean its like 50 frames just for one simple gif?

Malificus

Likes snow
It took me 23 frames for my avatar, and a whole 47 frames for my sig, and I had to take snapshots of every frame I wanted to use, resize every frame from 640x480, to 550x413, and then crop each image, Finally I drooped the cropped images into the animation, creating a new frame for each one as I went (it wasn't automatic). Then I saw that I couldn't use the sig at the size it was without loosing a lot of quality in the process, so I had to remove at least two dozen frames I had worked hard on.

So yes, It takes a good number of frames to make anything beyond basic. Basically, frames dictate how long it is and how much movement you want. As well as the filesize.

L

lilbballfrk

-__- lol, i dont have that much patience.. damn.. ill probably get more into it when i superduper bored. thanks guys =]

K

kajin_phoenixlord

Well I was glad to try and help.
lilbballfrk â„¢ said:
doesnt that mean its like 50 frames just for one simple gif?
Well the frames depend entirely on you really. My gif on the bottom left is only 5 frames and the one of the lower right is about 60 frames. It's not as hard as you think unless you really want to customize your image.