• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Music How do you listen to music?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
When I leave my house I always either have my ipod or iphone with me primarily so I can listen to music and or podcasts. I usually get my podcasts from a app built in to the iphone itself which seems to be a very good program to use. I also use Spotify on my iphone as I have a paid subscription which means I can use it on the go, this is invaluable to me and worth the monthly service charge I pay.

But how do you listen to music? Do you have an MP3 player or a CD player? Did you ever own a Minidisc player? I know I did and loved it!

Elanor

Registered Member
The main place I listen to music is in the car. I have a cable which connects my ipod to the back of my stereo, best £10 I have ever spent!
At home I listen to podcasts I have on another ipod which lives on a dock in the kitchen. Or I listen to the radio. Don't often listen to music at home. I think it is because I like it quite loud and don't want to annoy the neighbours.
I don't really listen to CDs anymore, I have loads but they are all transfered onto my computer/ipod.
I also used to have a minidisc player, I loved it! Thought it was a shame they never took off. I also had a hifi with built in minidisc so I could transfer CDs onto a minidisc.

Bliss

Sally Twit
90% of the time I listen to it in my car. I have something which allows me to connect my iPhone to the car radio and listen through the speakers. If I listen to it at home I use Youtube. Most of the time I watch films or TV shows indoors, though.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Mostly I listen to my music in the evenings before bed. I don't drive unfortunately and I'm workin most of the day so I find it harder these days to take the time to properly listen to music. I do generally have some music on while I'm in bed, but I'm usually gone by the 2nd or 3rd track :p

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I love music that Australian radios put on but there is too much talk in between so I don't generally like it. I like to listen to music while I am driving so I have a 10 CD stack in my car which I automatically shuffle through, it's the best thing ever cos it means I don't have to swap disks manually.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
A couple of ways for me. First is the traditional way - an iPod, which I pretty much have on me at all times. However, if I do forget it, I have all my music backed up on my Blackberry.

Second, of course, is the sound system in my car. I don't really use CDs or anything anymore. I just have all music on a flash drive which hooks up to my stereo. Same thing with the stereo I have at home. Flash drive = best invention ever.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I listen it on my computer or on the radio/mp3 while running. The frequency of listening to music has decreased A LOT over the past years because of busy time and I'm not into it as much as I used to be.
Definitely is not everyday but every other week or so.

Konshentz

Konshentz
The main way I listen to music is at home, on my laptop. I have a shit ton of music on my iTunes. I have an iPod, which I used constantly at my other job, that now is just collecting dust on my shelf.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Awh, I remember my Walkman and cassettes.

I only really listen to music in the car nowadays. I keep several CDs in there and rotate between them. Used to be off my laptop quite a lot and occasionally my ipod, but I don't listen to music as much as I did before.