How do you like yours?

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Kibi, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

We all moan about our jobs but how many of us (when we sit and think about it) actually love our jobs...

I know I'm fairly new to this whole thing and I'm only in my second week at this place, but actually I really enjoy it :)

It's much better than not working and I'm growing to really like some of these people!

Do you love your job?

Why?

If not what would you love to do instead?

Kibz

2. JessEpiphany

JessEpiphany Registered Member

I do like my job.

About half of my job is physical (in the kitchen) and the other half is at a desk. I like the combination.
    I also like that there's plenty to do all day. I never had a "bored" moment and so the work day usually goes by pretty quickly.
    The people I work with are pretty nice too. We do have we refer to as "the grumpy one" but I just ignore her when she starts complaining... well, I try to. If the complaint is legit then I have to do something about it since I'm the site manager.
    And the kids are a hoot. I mean, they can definitely test your patience some days but for the most part they just crack me up.

3. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

There's something annoying about every job, IMO. I complain about mine a lot...but I feel that it gets little frustrations out of the way so that I don't hold it in and become obsessed with them.

You're not always going to like everyone you work with, you're not always going to like every single aspect of your job...but overall, I feel that I have a great job. I accrue vacation time, I feel that I get adequate pay, and I feel that most of my coworkers are awesome.

There are a few exceptions, but overall, I'm happy with mine. It's why I haven't gone looking anywhere else in the last 7 years.

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I'm back at school now, but when I had a job, I did like it. Not love, because it was too much of an effort for me to love/enjoy it, but I liked it and the co-workers made it pretty fun sometimes. I would have rather been at home I guess but I had no complaints about it. My preference would have been to work at a zoo (this is whilst on a gap year). :nod:

5. RJ-Cool

RJ-Cool "Expect the unexpected"

I love my job. I am a PC Tech and the best part is I work for myself........

6. Natsumi

Natsumi Registered Member

I am from Japan and I have to say there's a reason why I moved to the U.S. To pursue a better way of life, and better career, I am thankful that both of those which I have in this horrendous economy. I was fortunate to take advantage of living in a new country with a new job. Lots of time of filling out paper work and it was all well worth the wait (2 years!) I now have lived here for 4 years in the state of Washington and i'm up for citizenship here soon! :D (I work for Takata they are an automotive safety manufacturer I write software for)

7. jdndfw

jdndfw Registered Member

I love what i do but sometimes i have nights when i think... am i gonna be doing this when im 40? that thought scares me a little bit. tonight was one of those nights. no business equals no money. oh well tomorrow is a better and brighter day.

8. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

Well, I just started at the job I'm at. I'm a proofreader for DynCorp International, where I proofread government proposals and contracts.

I LOVE my new job, and I really hope it goes permanent. I like that I have some actual say when it comes to the grammar, and my co-workers are awesome. The pay is pretty good, too. The only negative is the location, but I'm hoping that if this goes permanent, I can save up and move a bit closer (wanting to move anyways).

9. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Glad to hear it's going well, Jane. :)

In my book, having good co-workers and pay definitely trumps dealing with distance.

10. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

I love my new location where I;m working at, closer to my new house and in the city that I like more than where I was at before. I've been a Certified Nursing Assistatn/CNA for about 3 years now and only a year recertified in Texas. I was working 12 hour days from 6-6 but now at the new location I work 6-2pm and my day go by quickly.

My residents are mostly independent and do everything themselves, I just have to chart during the shift on their activities.

~Shwa