How do you know when someone is interested?

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by Chaos, May 18, 2010.

1. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

Sometimes when people like each other, they say they give off signs. How do you read these signs? How do you actually know when someone is interested in/has feelings for you? What do you do when you're interested in someone but you're not getting those signs, or you think you get signs that they're not interested? Do you still keep an interest in the other person, or do you give up and move on?

2. Interested

Interested Registered Member

I never knew :lol: I was always clueless and it always took me by surprise that someone actually likes me. I myself never used to send any signals and no one ever knew about my crushes. I would only ever let my closest friends know and that was always after I was over that crush. They would also get surprised. I guess since I don't send the signals, I am unable to read them in other people.

3. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I'm horrible with the subtle signs (probably because I don't actively look for them). It has to be obvious, like making it your username or something... ;)

4. Jakey-D

Jakey-D Registered Member

It's obvious when someone likes you. I can honestly say with conviction that if you think someone likes you, there is a 99% chance you're correct. You pick up on these 'signs' naturally. It's instinct =D

5. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

Personally I don't think it's as easy as that. Not everyone can read those little signs. I know I certainly can't. It has to be blatantly obvious that someone is interested, otherwise I just assume that they are not, so that I can at least save the humiliation of assuming they do. I'd rather think the worst than hope for the best, since you can never be disappointed like that.

6. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

It's not easy most of the time...

The hardest times is when you're in the friend zone with someone and you can't tell if its just friendly flirting between two friends or if they want something more. Its tough because if they think differently then you then you feel stupid and if they wanted more and you don't do anything about it then its a missed opportunity.

I've missed out a couple times and other times I picked up on it right away. I think it depends on the person and what sort of signs they give out. Still, its not easy.

7. wolfy

wolfy Registered Member

Personally, I'm completely oblivious to things like that... someone has to come up and flat out tell me for me to know. I'm not good with those little, subtle games; I have no patience for that.

8. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

But if you know that they are playing some sort of a game then that's a good sign that they are probably interested.

I have had patience for it either and wanted to be told one way or another but most of the time it doesn't work that way. You have to be willing to actually pay attention and see what happens!

9. ARGMAN

ARGMAN Registered Member

It is pretty easy to find out who likes you, but it is a little bit harder to discover who LOVES you ...

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

They're usually more attentive to me than they are with other people, in general. That gives me a clue. But still, it's hard for me to know for sure unless it's expressly stated because I'd rather assume the person is just being friendly than assume the person is really interested in me (vain much?).