How do you keep track of your passwords?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I personally have a password locked Excel file but that's all.

What do you guys use to keep track of your passwords?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
yeah i keep track of them by using a program "keep password safe". this program has a password too.
i even have a notebook with a key .

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I've got about 5 different passwords that I use. Normally I'm good enough to remember them. However there have definitely been times where I've been absolutely absent minded about them.

For those, I've got a Hidden Notepad file that keeps just about every password I use and where I use it at. The only Passwords that arent on that list are my really really important ones like my Bank Account PW. If I lose that one... I'm better off just calling customer service and giving them my social and changing it.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I've got about 5 different passwords that I use. .
if i had 5 i wouldn't bother to keep track of them.
but i have 104 different passwords to remember.
there are only 8 i don't remember quite well though (because they're made of numbers and letters). as for others they are letters only.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
if i had 5 i wouldn't bother to keep track of them.
but i have 104 different passwords to remember.
there are only 8 i don't remember quite well though (because they're made of numbers and letters). as for others they are letters only.
Well I meant 5 main ones.

I've got about 15-20 random Emails that I never use but have made over the years in case I need to sign up for something and I care not about getting spam in that email :hah:

For those thats what I use the Notepad save file for hahahaha.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
What do you do if you forget the password to your Excel file?

I don't have any of my passwords written down or saved anywhere. I just try to remember them.
Yeah, but I have about a dozen personal passwords and a dozen more work passwords so I need a way of tracking them. I use a common password for the Excel file and code what each password listed belongs to.

Kind of strange timing, because up until yesterday I just kept them all in my head. That's about 10 or so main passwords, all variations of eachother (they're all based around the same few words but with slightly different spellings and numbers/punc.) and it got really confusing. After a while of having to change them around because of forgetting I finally decided to write them all down yesterday, in a word doc. I know it's not secure but I'll fix that soon.

Earth

Registered Member
I mostly use passwords that I know I can definately remember otherwise I just open up notepad, very fluently, and insert my passwords, I'm not a very safe user as I have the folder named as 'passwords'. Haha.