How do you get hundreds of watchers

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by MJonesMBA2001, May 11, 2005.

1. MJonesMBA2001

MJonesMBA2001 Registered Member

How do you get hundreds of watchers so that you can be on the ebay pulse?

2. wolvergambit

wolvergambit Registered Member

Well I beg a lot and still can't get them , so short of paying for them I have no idea!

3. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

hahahahah I had one auction that was over 5000 hits and 80 watchers a long while back and I still did not make it to the pulse....I have no idea what the quota is......but what was weird is that I had more hits and watchers than the 10th place guy and he made it.....so I think you have to kiss ebays back side!!
    hehehehe

I will watch ya though, but I am only one person
    ~Trina~

4. garetvet44

garetvet44 Registered Member

I only have 3 watchers on my auction lol...maybe will pick up..I hope!

5. LicentiousVenus

LicentiousVenus Registered Member

you can't do anything to get that many watchers...other than ask, pay or force people to watch it...lol...basically if it is an interesting auction people will watch it...just describe the auction in words that you think will get searched the most....like "mystery" if its applicable

6. helpisontheway

helpisontheway Registered Member

I have noticed that many of them that have been on the news have been in the pulse section... based moreso on the Everything else category... but I wonder if it has something to do with the amount of time that is remaining and who the top 10 are in the rankings...

7. smallestgummi

smallestgummi Registered Member

I have no idea either! With my gummi worm I had 150 watchers - I think cause it was a unique auction. It was #3 on the main pulse page, for CANADA... which seems to take a lot less watchers to get on.

I always email my current auctions out to people in my addy book. 1/2 them prolly have me blocked HAHAHA.

If you think of any brilliant ideas let me know, I'm trying to help a guy get his auction big right now lol

8. lostmymindwith5

lostmymindwith5 Registered Member

I just emailed my friends and asked them to pass it on and/or post it on any message boards that they're involved with. If it's something that catches people's interest, word of mouth will carry it a long way.

9. fairyquadmother

fairyquadmother Registered Member

Well, you could always insert the "watch my auction" on your ad, if you ask, then maybe they will.

Really tho, I think you just have to have a great story, funny, wacky, sad, weird, etc.

The diaper pin my friend put up had 2400 watchers by the time the auction was done. I'll be honest, I didn't even know what the pulse was until about 1/2 through that auction (we didn't do much research LOL).