• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Question How do you feel about tattoos?

Impact

V.I.P.
I like tattoos, including sleeves. Sure, there are bad tattoos and they can look tasteless if done badly but in general I think they're great.

I have four, currently. My plans are to expand the one of my shoulder into a back piece but that's going to take a lot of time and money. I have a couple ideas that i've been mulling around for a couple years but I like to be 100% sure before I get inked.

My first one is a celtic knot with the initials of a friend who passed away inked in red into the knot. Me and a friend got matching tattoos for him in the center of our backs, just below the neck.

My second is a chinese symbol for karma on my right foot.

My third is a flower design I drew.

My fourth is for my brother who passed away. We used to call him Mozzy, so it's a mosquito with a latin phrase that loosely translate to the good die young. Some of you may remember Oooh_Snap...she had a tattoo with that phrase and I really like it so stole the idea.

Pics

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I like tattoos, especially the ones that have been really well done and shaded in properly, I usually ask people what their tattoo represents and majority of them would answer "Nothing, I just liked it" and that really annoys me because what's the point of having a meaningless tattoo on your body?

I have two tattoos which I have shown off on General Forum before, they are names of my Aunty and my Grandpa who passed away a couple of years ago. I was very close to them and a week after my 18th birthday, I got the two tattoos done.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I have no problem with Tattoos as such, tattoos are one of those things I see on people and think "that is pretty cool" but would I ever want one? No way. They are far to permanent and I think my mind would change about having one and it would be too later.

That being said I love the tattoo that Kris from Sons of Guns has on his arm, its not very clear in the image below because it is a small image but you can just about make it out:

It is understated and artistic and if I was ever going to get one it would be similar to this.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I have no issues with people that have tattoos. I don't know that I'd ever get a tattoo myself. It seems to be cooler not to have one then to have one these days and I don't know what I would want to get a tattoo of. Maybe Bender on my ass?

Body modifications in general have never been my sort of thing.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
Tattoos!

:cool: Personally, I love tattoos. I was wondering if we could get a tattoo picture thread going? I'll share mine if anyone's interested. I have three! They are very meaningful to me.
So if you want, share your tat and its story. Even if its silly, every tat has a story!
:nod:

Jadae

Registered Member
I have a tattoo of a phoenix on my leg, with my late sister's initial underneath it. And I have a small clover tattoo on the belt line.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I have two tattoos on both my wrists, the names of my Pop and my Aunty who sadly passed away a few years ago.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I've resolved to never get a tattoo. Generally, society has looked upon tattoos as a way to differentiate yourself from the crowd. Now nearly everyone I know has a tattoo. My way of keeping my individuality is by not having any tattoos or body modifications.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
It depends on the tat, really. Religious tattoos annoy the shit out of me (as Leviticus 19:28 forbids them).
Unless you are a Levite priest, no it doesn't. That section actually was referencing the common ancient Near Eastern practice of branding a slave with its owner's name as well as branding the devotees of a god with its name.

The only tattoos I have considered are my mom's initials or something like "Phil. 4:13" or "Psalm 27" or something of that nature. At this point though I doubt I will ever get one.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Tattoos are not my thing. I've never been attracted to them although some people look good when they get tattooed.
The only time I'd get myself a tatto would be about my parent's names or something that would remind me of my parents.