• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Question How do you feel about tattoos?

Elanor

Registered Member
I like tattoos, I don't have any yet, but I have designs ready for when I have some spare cash. I do find people that are covered literally head to toe a bit odd, but whatever floats their boat. I once went out with a guy who had sleeves on both his arms, they were really well done and he had thought about what he wanted and what they meant to him. I don't see the point in getting one for the hell of it as it is probably going to be there for the rest of your life.

Have you got any, if not would you?

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Depends on how they're done, but for the most part I don't mind them. However, I don't like it when people are covered in tattoos and piercings from head to toe. It just looks trashy.

I personally don't have any tattoos yet, but I am planning on getting a Fluer De Lis on the inner part of my wrist. I just haven't been able to settle on a design yet.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really don't like them especially the ones that are all over their body. I think it looks gross and makes me think they have been to prison. A small one doesn't bother me but I still wouldn't want even a small one. However if its what someone wants its their body and none of my business.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm not a fan of tattoos and I don't have any. A small tattoo is ok even if it's visible. I hate lots of tattoos and I really hate sleeves, it just looks so wrong. I don't like them on the neck or on the face especially. I have considered putting my moms initials on my left shoulder but i doubt I'll ever have that done.

dDave

V.I.P.
I generally don't like tattoos. I considered getting one when one of my best friends was killed in a car crash several years ago, many of my other friends got the tattoo that I was considering. I never went through with it myself.

There are certainly respectable reasons to get a tattoo, I don't doubt that. I just really don't ever want one myself. I've always said the only one I'd ever actually want would be a wedding ring tattoo only because I don't necessarily want to wear a physical ring.

Iris

rainbow 11!
i love them. i don't like people covered from head to toe, but hey! if they like it, whatever. i just won't do it. but goddamn. there are some sexy women with tattoos. that's pretty much a requirement for me.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I like tattoos but I don't think I would ever get some myself. I just can't think of anything I am dedicated to enough that it would be on my body forever. I think one or two small tattoos can be nice, but I also think some people with sleeves are amazing.

I was talking to a Balinese man recently about the Bali Hindu religion. And he said that traditionally for them tattoos are bad luck. Because you come into the Earth with nothing, and you go back when you die with something.

I thought that was actually a nice little metaphor. Not that it really changes my mind on tattoos.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Eh, no, probably not. I've thought about it, but I change my mind so much on what I like, I think it might be a bad idea. I do like them on certain females.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't mind them on other people but I wouldn't get one myself. Its just not my thing.

Like, I think they look good on wrestlers like Randy Orton and CM Punk but they wouldn't look good on me and I don't have a desire anyways.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Am I the only GF'er who has them? Surely I'm not, but I'm drawing a blank on who else has them.

It depends on the tat, really. Religious tattoos annoy the shit out of me (as Leviticus 19:28 forbids them). Some I just don't get. Like I saw a lady with a faded light blue star tattoo on the back of her neck, and another lady I know has stars behind her ears, but maybe they mean something to them.

I have two myself and I want more. I have a Celtic moon design on my right ankle and a thistle on my left. I'd like to get my thistle framed with some kind of Celtic knot. I also want a dragonfly, and my daughter's name in an ambigram on my wrist.