• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How do you deal with a death in the family

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A lot of people deal with death in a different manner. Some will try to lighten up the mood by cracking jokes, some others rather just be left alone so they can grieve, ect.

What about you?

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
There's no blueprint on how to deal with tragedies of any kind. Some joke, some mourn, some eat, some go out in nature. Me I prefer to joke.. even if it doesn't seem appropriate.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
To be honest, I don't know what I could answer. The last close relative I lost was my maternal grandfather in 1987 and I was only 6 years old. I've been extremely lucky to still have almost all of my close family members still alive. But like Bourne said, there's no right way or wrong way to deal with this. You cope with it however you can.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
There is no one answer to this. I think people deal with it in different ways. I personally like to be left alone at first mainly because if they were a close family member I can't talk about them without crying.

Impaired

Registered Member
We try to celebrate the person. Their life, their effect on us and all the things we love or what drove us nuts about them. There is usually laughter, there are usually tears.