How do you commit?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
How do you commit to something you don't want to do. For an example, lets say you want to get into shape, but your to lazy to do excercise, but you know it needs to be done, how do you commit yourself to start doing excercise?

For me it takes maybe a few days to commit to something I don't want to do, but then I tell myself that this needs to be done, if you wait even longer it's only going to get worst.

Blueyes

Registered Member
I actually need to be held accountable for it lol That's how I got back into exercise was from my physician and nutritionist when I was feeling run down. Now I can't imagine not doing it.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Its usually not all that difficult for me. I will sorta just put my head down and go for it. And most the time when I'm doing something I dont want to be doing I'll go about it quickly that way I get it over asap.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It's something I struggle with. The example you mentioned, getting in shape, I'll be motivated for a couple weeks, exercising regularly, and then my interest slowly starts to fade, and eventually I'll hate doing it so much that I'll stop. I can usually only stay motivated to do something I don't like if I absolutely have to.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Running. I hate it. I always have to push myself to do it and haven't been doing it of late. It's one of the reasons I won't be on GF as much. I need to start exercising on a regular basis.

As far as the topic question goes, if I don't like doing something, like running, I always have to make myself and a lot of the times that doesn't even work.