• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How do you choose your entertainment?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I was just thinking that I can never seem to stick to one form of entertainment for very long. I tend to stick to video games more consistently than most forms of entertainment and it's definitely my most consistent form of entertainment.

But do you guys tend to trend in different directions, too? Sometimes I can't play games at all and I read a lot or I find a new TV series to watch through. I'll even start some kind of a project to help myself pass time. I'll go on trends of watching a lot of movies, taking extra long walks, or re organizing just because I like the change. I'll spend a few days' time just fiddling with my guitar, too.

Does anyone else follow trends or have a hard time sticking to one form of entertainment for a long time?

Impact

V.I.P.
I find it hard to sit down and do one form of entertainment for a long time, I definitely have to switch it up. And with the amount of free time I have, I try to fit a bit of everything in there. My main forms of entertainment are definitely gaming, watching shows and GF, but I try to mix in there cooking, drawing and reading. I find if I do one form of entertainment for too long, I won't be able to touch it for a while. Like, the other day I spent an entire day gaming and I haven't really been in the mood to do that since. Also I feel really lazy if I just do one thing the entire day.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
My ways of entertaining have always been the same : Internet, TV, hanging out.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
How I choose my entertainment is a good question. I'm kinda a mix of Steve and Impact - except...

I can't do games anymore. They are currently my LEAST favourite form of entertainment. I can't do them more than 30 minutes at a time without turning it off, unless I'm doing something that takes more than that.

Like today, I listened to 4 albums in a row with my stereo turned up. Why? Well, I was doing laundry and music helps drown out the machine noises AND grandma was out of the house all day. So, like the examples I just gave, there are determining factors when changing up my entertainment.

Shows take up most of my time. Because I spend so much time on the Internet, I have my TV set up right by the PC for easy glancing. Also, because I spend so much time on the Internet I don't read much from my own library, because I been conversing/thread/article/you name it reading on the computer all day. Thus, making computer my no. 1 form of entertainment, second by shows.

When chatting, playing games, driving, walking, and cleaning, I do typically rock out but not as much as I watch shows. My only other real hobbies were biking (it got stolen) and I don't do much else, won't lie.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I definitely go through trends. Sometimes I'll go months without playing a single video game, and then other times I'll play them a lot. I get really into sports depending on what season it is. Right now I'm hooked on college hoops, so I spend most of my nights watching games instead of doing anything else.

karaixx

Registered Member
Well, it much depends on whether my GF is in town or not. If so, I try to choose something we can do together, like going to the theater/cine, cooking something nifty with chocolate (all our cooks take chocolate :p), walking through some mall, and so forth. If I am by myself, I watch a lot of movies and shows that my GF doesn't like, I play some video games too, I read a lot on the web on subjects that catch my attention, and I go to the gym. Although, there was one thing that I enjoyed very much to do and now I don't do it any more: I lost my motivation to play guitar since I got a job and my spare time shrimped.

Dabs

Registered Member
I think everybody at some point in time, gets a bored period, got to find something new to do. I spend most of my time running errands, such as going to doctors, dentists, schools, shopping, food stores, gas stations. I spend more time in my car than probably anywhere else. But I like to play Pogo when I am online, it's a game base thru AOL. And I enjoy arts & crafts and at times, I can whip out some paintings and drawings in no time. Then I can take spells where I don't do any of that shit for months.
I am not into video games, I'm a bit too old for that (in my opinion) but on occasion, I will play one of Jada's Nintendo DS games, such as Scrabble.
And I recently picked up crocheting again, I bought some yarn and have started crocheting an afghan. I haven't done that in years. So who knows how long it will last before I get sick of that.

Last edited:

MiloIsYum

Registered Member
I played my first ever video game the other day, and only because I was made to by a friend. He can sit for hours playing one of those things - I'll never understand. But I suppose, my past time is reading, and I can do that for hours on end - guess people might say the same about that.

Dabs

Registered Member
I played my first ever video game the other day, and only because I was made to by a friend. He can sit for hours playing one of those things - I'll never understand. But I suppose, my past time is reading, and I can do that for hours on end - guess people might say the same about that.

Milo, I would really love to say I read all the time. Lord knows I have the books for it, I have plenty to read. But I can't sit still, immobile, for any long length of time. When I'm watching a Tv show, I'll get up and miss some of it, because I can't keep my butt on the sofa. And when I crochet, I will stop and take breaks and get up and do something else for awhile. Same with painting and drawing.
And with reading, I have known people who can sit for hours and just read and read, and I sometimes wish I could be more like that.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Does anyone else follow trends or have a hard time sticking to one form of entertainment for a long time?
Not really, I pretty much always stick to internet as no.1 form of entertainment, and then everything else falls into place behind depending on various things. For example, I never just go and watch TV by myself anymore, only when someone else is already in the living room with something on.

I do go through phases/trends with things like drawing though. I can be really obsessed with it for a few months and then not touch a pencil for a year or so.