How do I handle this

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by redsoxocd, Nov 15, 2009.

1. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

Okay, so I havent seen my boyfriend in about a month and a half. We wont see eachother again until January 11. The day after I turn 18. Mainly because, my social workers said that if he hurts me they will throw him in jail...so I've been trying to prevent that. BUT tonight he sent me a text saying this

I cant believe he actually asked me that question. I've flirted with guys, but I have never once fucked them. I dont understand how he thought it was okay to ask me that. I mean, what the fuck is going on in his head?

There's a strong part of me saying to break up with me, but an even larger part saying that I would regret it.

what do I do?

2. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

It's really completely up to you. Some people are okay with that sort of thing (especially if your relationship wasn't super serious, and you're going to be apart for so long) so unless he had a reason to know you wouldn't be okay with it, so he wasn't necessarily completely unreasonable. However, it does say something about the type of person he is.

Also, your statements seem to imply that he's hurt you physically in the past, which is something to keep in mind.

3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Is this the same guy that you made the thread about a couple months back? If so, it seems you don't listen to any advice we give if it is something you don't want to hear. So I guess, just go with your instincts.

4. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

Yes it is the same guy and yes I didnt want to hear it before but this time I do. I've been taking peoples advice about this relationship more lately. Standing up for myself and shit.

I dont know if going with my insticntis is right this time.

5. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

My autotech teacher gave the girls in my class the best advise they will ever hear about boys. "Guys are icky and gross. Just avoid them. Don't get in relationships with them. If you are in one, dump his ass, kick him to the curb, and call him a bad name."

If this guy has hurt you in the past, its not hard to think he will do so again. He clearly does not care what he does to you. You should have left him long ago. This guy will not cease to hurt you. That kind of thing is detrimental to your health, and you do not need an outside source of hurt right now. Dump his ass, kick him to the curb, and call him a bad name. (that last part is optional but it always helps.)

6. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

My biggest concern is being with someone who has hurt you physically in the past. I have no idea why you would even consider spending any amount of time with someone like this so all I can say is don't talk to him again...ever.

7. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

If it were me, I'd have dumped him yonks ago. That's not based solely on what we're meant to discuss in this thread, it's based on everything I've heard about him from you. Sorry, it just really doesn't sound like a relationship that I'd want to be in and I think you can do better. But like Imp said, I highly doubt you will take that advice so do what you like. As for this specific new 'problem,' any respecting and loving boyfriend can keep it in his pants for a couple months because he knows how much better it will make it when he finally sees you. Anyway red, I think you've cried one too many times over this dude but at the end of the day, the decision is yours and nobody else's.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Why do you continue to do this to yourself? The guy sounds like a disgusting pig and I wish you'd see sense. Are you going to be any different when you turn 18? No. You'll be legal but you won't be any smarter when it comes to this guy. You're going to keep getting hurt and he's going to keep abusing his power because it sounds to me like he owns you. I wouldn't have even replied to that message, I would have probably changed my number immediately and realised how stupid I was being. You need to keep away from this animal because he's not good for you. It sounds like all he wants is sex and you're just going to keep being there for him to mess with. Walk away now for your own sake. Find someone your own age.
    You're not his toy. You're a human being. Stop running back to him because you deserve to be treated much better. I'm pretty sure you're not the only person he is seeing from what you've said about him in the past.

Give yourself the respect you deserve and find someone who will respect you because this jerk doesn't.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
    CaptainObvious likes this.
  9. TheMaster

TheMaster Registered Member

It's entirely up to you. If you feel he's done wrong then make a descision... Like I said, 'it's up to you'.

10. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

If she dumps him, that's one less drama she has to post about.