How Do I Get Press...

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by iggyshotthebear, May 16, 2005.

1. iggyshotthebear

iggyshotthebear Registered Member

Can anyone tutor me in how to get the press to notice something... like lets just say I had an auction up *wink wink, nudge nudge* and I wouldn't mind a little publicity... how do you get the press to notice?

And, what exactly do you say if you call em up? I emailed our radio station that we listen to all the time but no reply as of yet.

Do you set up the press before you post? Or post before you press?

Always starch before you press... I do know that one :D

2. helpisontheway

helpisontheway Registered Member

hehee.. call your local radio station or TV station and then the one for the nudge nudge wink wink town you are going to hehehe...

3. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I got press attention by submitting a press release at prweb.com. It all went from there.

4. helpisontheway

helpisontheway Registered Member

Dragon does it cost anything to use them?

5. Dragon

They charge a contribution fee. Pretty much the more you donate, the higher your article gets ranked on the site. I only contributed $1 and still got media attention. In my opinion, I think the the title of your article catches the media's attention not by the ranking. Mine's was "Man puts holy cheeto on ebay". Prweb also have stats. For that auction, I had 3,591 people reading the article and 285 media outlets picking up the story. For my current auction which is the Presidential Cheeto, 15,142 people read my article and 62 media outlets picked up the story. For this auction, I wanted the story to go international and the Holy Cheeto auction was only in the U.S. I was experimenting so next time I write a press release, it will only be in the U.S.

6. Julie

Julie Registered Member

Iggy - If you want me to call some of the ones down here, LMK.

7. iowamommy77

iowamommy77 Registered Member

A friend did that press site paid 5 and they emailed her back saying the editor wanted it edited and changed because they didn't want ebay auciton. Or something a long those lines.

8. Dragon

It could be along the line of advertising because it happend to me to. They said it sounded more like an advertising scheme than a press release.

"Your press release is actually an advertisement. Press releases do not sell to consumers; rather a good press release informs the media. If your press release screams, BUY ME, then you need to consider reworking your release. We have assembled a tip sheet here for your convenience. This tip sheet is available from the prweb.com web site."