• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How Die Hard Are You With Sports?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
How much of a die hard fan are you when it comes to sports?

1. Could your teams ever do anything that makes you stop being a fan?

2. Would you marry somebody who supported one of your teams biggest rivalries?

3. Have you ever switched favorite teams in any sport?

4. On a scale of 1 to 10, how die hard would you consider yourself and would you rank yourself differently for different sports and teams?

----------

1. Yes, I'm not a fair weather fan but if my team became terrible and simply wasn't doing well for years and years I could definitely see myself following a team that is more exciting. Especially if I no longer lived near that team, after moving or if the team moved away.

2. Definitely. I don't care enough about sports to take it that far at all.

3. Yes, a few times, but not since living near teams I liked. I used to live in an area that had no professional teams. All they had was the Nebraska Cornhuskers and by the time I started following them they started playing terribly and have been doing so ever since. Now I root for Colorado based teams when I can.

4. I'd say a 5 or so for most sports. The one team I really enjoy following is the Denver Nuggets. I'd say I'm close to a 8 or 9 with them when it comes to my chances of ever rooting for another team over them.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm a huge sports fan, I'd say I'm probably the biggest fan at these forums. I love watching, playing and discussing.

No they could never do anything for me to stop cheering for them, I love them with great passion.

Yeah I could, but I wouldn't change my ways and I would still hate them with great passion. When I hate a team there's no way I would ever cheer for them no matter what.

No, I fucking hate bandwagon fans/

4. On a scale of 1 to 10, how die hard would you consider yourself and would you rank yourself differently for different sports and teams?
I'd say about a nine since I don't like every sports, but I try to watch as much as I can.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.

Yes, There are certain players out there that if My team stacked their rosters with all of them... heh... I'd up and jump off their fan-wagon and wait 'till next season to cheer them on again.

In fact I did this with the Toronto Maple Leafs. I absolutely hated Eric Lindros and sure enough the Leafs picked him up. I sickened me so I just stopped cheering for them and then the Blue Jackets were formed.

Yeah Thats not even an issue for me :hah:

Yes, I've done it a few times. With just about eveyr sport. I cant seem to even pick a favorite team in the NFL so Im not counting football.

I'm probably about a 3 maybe a 4 for all sports. I mean I love sports, but they arent my life. I could go on without ever having to read about them again if I had to.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I suppose there could be SOMETHING but I have no idea what that would be. I'll just say no because I dont see it ever happening.

Oh yeah, I would. I won't stop love for sports. I'll still root for my team though no matter what. They arent going to change my mind.

Favorite teams? No. I tend to root for other teams besides my teams just because its fun but my #1 ones I'll never switch. Unless, for example, the Rams move or something haha.

I guess 8. I dont watch the NBA much anymore and boxing and NASCAR dont interest me.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Very much a die hard sports fan. I am very passionate about a few sports, but I will watch or follow almost every sport.

I am as die hard about my team as anyone, but if the university ever did something that I strongly disagree with, I think I would stop supporting them. It would have to be really extreme though.

That's a tough one for me since college rivalries are so fierce, and especially Ohio State/Michigan being one of the biggest rivalries in American sports. I think I could marry a Michigan fan though. I think it would be pretty ridiculous to let sports keep you from someone you love.

Not since I was a kid. I may cheer for other teams if my team is doing poorly, but they never become my new favorite team.

I'd rank it differently for different sports. For Ohio State football I am easily a 10. Ohio State basketball, probably a 9. For the Chicago professional teams, anywhere from 2-5. For sports overall, I am about an 8.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.

Probably not. Man United have gone against their fans wishes several times recently yet most stand firm and stick by them.

I suppose I would, though the rivaly could become a problem in the relationship. It would all depend on how we would react towards the fact that we support eachothers rivals.

No and I never will. I'm a one man team and always will be.

For FOOTball, I'm a 9. I love Man United and they are a massive part of my life.
In other sports I'm probably a 4. I have a favourite team or sportsman in all sports but it's only a casting interest, whereas with FOOTball it's an obsession.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I'm quite loyal to the national team. But private clubs, I used to be a PSG football fan until they don't have a fave player of mine, since then, I watched them less.

Yes, I think it'll make for exciting matches at home :lol:

Yes but only because I was never a big fan of the one I was supporting earlier. I just happen to "like" them.

I'm probably 7. My only strength as a fan is I watch the games and follow it. I'm not a big die hard fan though. I have yet to throw a telly outside a window when my team loses.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I'm not very die hard at all. I don't hold any loyalties to any team. I would never base my marriage choice on what team she cheered for haha! That'd be pretty crazy. I have seen some hardcore feuds start up between friends that suddenly realize they cheer for different teams. In all honesty, to take it THAT seriously is kinda sad I think. It's fun to get into the game, but during the game. Outside of the games, that shouldn't really matter so much in day to day life.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I'm probably a 1* for sports overall. I love going to games in the US but I don't follow anything from home. The only sport I ever watch here is football and that's rare nowadays. My family are pretty big Leeds United supporters, so if it weren't for that I wouldn't watch it at all.

Unless you want to count snooker :hmm: I'm more of a 7/8 for that, by itself. I love it, never miss a tournament and my favourite player has been the same since day 1 through thick and thin, but I'm not die hard.

*1 isn't supposed to mean I dislike sports btw, right? We'd have to go into negative numbers for that.

Last edited:

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.

Not really, I pretty much stay a fan of my favorite teams throughout the good and the bad times. It would have to be some serious rule breaking to make me disown my favorite teams.

>.> I suppose I could, as long as we could keep the rivalry fun and not let it get serious.. Otherwise sports would be a banned subject of conversation between us.

No, I am pretty sure that I have stuck with my favorite teams since I really started getting into sports.

In hockey, a 10 definitely. It everything else... A 4.. Hockey is my true love in the sports world.