• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How did you come up with your username

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
My nickname is Bizzy and everyone calls me that more than my actual name so I just decided to use it as my username on these forums.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
BJBirdy said:
It's the name of the original Toronto Blue Jays mascot. I use it on the ProSportsDaily message board as well, plus a couple other Jays boards I've posted on in the past. I don't know I decided to make it my username though.

The best Jays' username I ever saw on a board was years ago when I saw someone with the name IdGiveRyanABJ in honor of BJ Ryan.
I didn't know you posted on PSD. I used to frequent the boards quite often two or three years ago. Are you still an active member there? Where else did you posts at? I assume RealGM as to be one as there's not many Blue Jays forums out there these days.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Dickey's Flow said:
BJBirdy said:
It's the name of the original Toronto Blue Jays mascot. I use it on the ProSportsDaily message board as well, plus a couple other Jays boards I've posted on in the past. I don't know I decided to make it my username though.

The best Jays' username I ever saw on a board was years ago when I saw someone with the name IdGiveRyanABJ in honor of BJ Ryan.
I didn't know you posted on PSD. I used to frequent the boards quite often two or three years ago. Are you still an active member there? Where else did you posts at? I assume RealGM as to be one as there's not many Blue Jays forums out there these days.
I still am but I usually just post in the wrestling forum now since that usually has a fair amount of traffic but there isn't always a whole lot in the Jays or Leafs section. Plus some of the people in the Cowboys section are way too opinionated for me to want to post a well thought about post for some dork to respond by saying "LULZ, Miles Austin has butterfingers you nimrod!" (or something to that extent anyway :lol: ).

I don't remember if I posted on RealGM or not. I used to post on BlueJayWay.ca years ago by that name and on basketballboards.net several years ago. The last one I mentioned was bought by a company in 2007 or so and it died shortly after, or at least most users quit. The most recent board I've posted on is bluejaysmessageboard.com but I haven't gone on there in months.

Sherlander

It's a nickname given to me by a friend. Combination of my last name and Justin Verlander.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
What is mIRC?
It was a large chat program. You'd set up rooms and people could join.

You probably don't know ICQ, so I can not use that as an example.

Maybe Windows Messenger? When you would invite multiple people to a group chat? Kind of like that... but anyone could join if they knew the name of the chat room and in some cases, the password. A lot of gamers used to use it for their clans/guilds in the late 1990's and early 2000's.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
BJBirdy said:
Dickey's Flow said:
BJBirdy said:

I still am but I usually just post in the wrestling forum now since that usually has a fair amount of traffic but there isn't always a whole lot in the Jays or Leafs section. Plus some of the people in the Cowboys section are way too opinionated for me to want to post a well thought about post for some dork to respond by saying "LULZ, Miles Austin has butterfingers you nimrod!" (or something to that extent anyway :lol: ).

I don't remember if I posted on RealGM or not. I used to post on BlueJayWay.ca years ago by that name and on basketballboards.net several years ago. The last one I mentioned was bought by a company in 2007 or so and it died shortly after, or at least most users quit. The most recent board I've posted on is bluejaysmessageboard.com but I haven't gone on there in months.
Are you still playing the field or are we your main squeeze now :lol:?

Dedman

Registered Member
Well, in case you didn't notice, I'm a huge Undertaker fan.
And Dedman is simply Dead Man without the a. While I would love to take credit for originating that name, I didn't. Back in 1998, WWF was selling these superstar themed license plates and the Undertaker one said "DED MAN". That just stuck with me.