• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

How did you come up with your username

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Just a fun thread here. I would love to know how you came up with your username! Does it have meaning or it's just for fun.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Mine is pretty obvious. It comes from Toronto Blue Jays pitcher. His last name is Dickey and he has a wicked flow of hair. I might change it up if he sticks up the joint once again this season.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
I'm a big Knicks fan. So that's where the Knickstape part comes from. The 2107 is for Iman Shumpert (wears #21) and Carmelo Anthony (wears #7). I added the 0 in the middle cuz it looks better that way imo.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
It's the name of the original Toronto Blue Jays mascot. I use it on the ProSportsDaily message board as well, plus a couple other Jays boards I've posted on in the past. I don't know I decided to make it my username though.

The best Jays' username I ever saw on a board was years ago when I saw someone with the name IdGiveRyanABJ in honor of BJ Ryan.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm a big fan of pro wrestler Randy Orton, and because of this Bizzy started calling me Viper as a nickname for an old forum we were on. It stuck and in honor of the Biz I used that as my username when signing up on Sports-Discussions.

A mildly interesting side note is that I'm freaking terrified of snakes, but do think they're very cool animals. If Batman chose that mantle because of an old fear of bats, I'd be Snakeman, haha.

It's obviously because I'm a big fan of Edge. But, the truth is that EdgeHead actually was my second username I was using during the days I was chatting on mIRC (Jesus Christ, I'm getting old). My first username was X-Pat but when I wanted to log on a board once, the name was taken so I switched to EdgeHead and I kept it ever since. On some boards, I'll use the username Sir Edger, given to me by a user from a fantasy booking board I used to go to.